Application Operations in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 provides System and Application Management capabilities for central monitoring, alerting, analytics, and administration of SAP centric cloud and on-premise solutions.
This wiki content has been moved to the SAP Solution Manager 7.2 expert portal. Any child pages of this wiki are no longer maintained.
This section lists guides for specific tasks in the System Monitoring applications.
- Template Maintenance - File System Variants.pdf
The goal of this document is to show how to customize a template to monitor only specific file systems and also how change the monitoring threshold for each variant.
- Monitoring of Standalone Hosts.pdf
This guide describes the setup steps to monitor standalone hosts
- OS Process Monitoring
This guide shows how you can monitor OS processes
- How to create custom CCMS metrics
This guide describes how to create own metrics based on values provided by CCMS MTE classes
- How to create custom Introscope metrics
This guide describes how to create own metrics based on values collected by Introscope
- Monitoring of ABAP 4.6 Systems
This guides describes the setup steps to enable monitoring for ABAP 4.6 systems
- Monitoring of Log Files
This help section describes how you can include monitoring of log files into your customer template
- Monitor by using OS scripts on Diagnostic Agent
This help section describes how you can use the Diagnostic Agent to receive monitoring data produced by OS scripts.
- Development of Customer Data Provider Pull RFC
This guide provides a step by step guide to developing a customer pull RFC data provider.
- Create Custom Workcenter Queries in POWL
This guide describes how you can create own role-based queries.
- Configuration of Standby Availability Monitoring and Alerting
This guide describes how to configure a standby availability monitoring and alerting during Solution Manager downtimes.
- Custom HANA Monitoring Metrics
This guide describes how customers can create an own data collector implementation based on the SAP delivered data collector to collect own metrics from the SAP HANA database.
- How to create Guided Procedures for System Monitoring
This wiki page describes how you can create Guided Procedures for resolution of System Monitoring alerts
With Advanced Monitoring you can monitor the following if standard template approach does not help:
- Oracle Tablespace Monitoring
- ABAP Transaction Monitoring
- File System Monitoring
- URL Availability Monitoring
- Exception Monitoring (fully integrated in the Exception Management Configuration of Root Cause Analysis Work center):
- ABAP Short Dumps
- ABAP System Log
- ABAP Update Errors
- ABAP Application Log
- Log File Monitoring (non-ABAP)
Please note that minimum of SAP Solution manager 7.1 SP12 is required.. Your starting point is transaction GPA_ADMIN (except for Exception Monitoring),Type :Guided Procedure ,Application area: Advanced Monitoring Application. See above SCN page.
This section lists set up guides for specific SAP systems:
- How to set up Technical Monitoring for SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1
This guide focusses on set up of Solution Manager Technical Monitoring for SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1.
non-SAP Monitoring How-to Guides
This page lists the available how-to guides which are usefull in context of non-SAP monitoring.
- Creating Unspecific Cluster System
- Availability Monitoring using Http Ping
- Monitoring OS processes with MAI
- non-SAP Monitoring using OS Scripts
- non-SAP Monitoring using OS Scripts for multiple metrics
- Custom Introscope Metrics
- Using Custom Parameters for non-SAP Monitoring