configuration error, properties file
I am getting the following error when I launch the Predictive Analysis application: "The application is not properly configured. It will exit now"
This error can occur in the following scenarios:
1. When connection.properties and mdr_connection.properties files are missing or corrupted.
2. The database (meta data repository: SQL Anywhere or MySQL or SAP HANA) you are trying to connect is down.
3. The Java PATH variable, TEMP and TMP variables are not set properly.
1. If the configuration files are missing or corrupted, reinstall the application to resolve this issue.
2. If the repository you are trying to connect is down, restart the database and make it up and running.
3. If the Java PATH variable, TEMP and TMP variables are not set, set them as described below:
- PATH environment variable should point to the Java executable binary (java.exe) in JRE. For example, if your java executables are available in the path C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin, then you must add this path to the beginning of the existing PATH environment variable value.
- TEMP and TMP environment variables should point to a location to which there is no access restrictions. By default, these environment variables are pointed to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp. However, you can change the TEMP and TMP location.
After updating the environment variables, you need to restart your machine for the settings to take effect.