How to record a Perf. trace
There're two ways to record the performance trace. One is from python Admin Tool and the other is from transaction RSDDBIAMON2.
1. Go to python Admin Tool -> Perf. Trace -> Start
(If you know how long it will take, then you could specify the time to stop. Otherwise you could use "0" to stop manually.)
2. Reproduce your scenario
3. To manually stop the trace, go to python Admin Tool -> Perf. Trace -> Stop
4. Save the trace in python Admin Tool -> Perf. Trace -> Save
1. Go to transaction RSDDBIAMON2 -> Performance Trace -> Start Trace Recording
2. Specify the user and the time to stop the trace recording, if necessary
3. Execute "Start Trace Recording"
4. Reproduce your scenario
5. Save the trace in RSDDBIAMON2 -> Performance Trace -> Save Trace File
How to check if a Perf. trace is correctly recorded
For more details, refer to SAP Note 1318293