Regeneration of a business scenario fails due to deleted artifacts
Some of the generated artifacts of the business scenario are deleted using the “Delete” key from the keyboard, and therefore these artifacts are deleted from the local file system (Project Explorer view) only, but not from the repository.
Either activate or revert the changes by performing the following steps:
- Select the artifact that is marked for delete.
- From the context menu of the artifact, choose “Reset to Active” or “Activate”.
Deletion of a Business Scenario Artifact Fails
The artifact version is in conflict state. On deletion of artifacts with conflicted version, the version in the server is deleted while the local version of artifacts (in project explorer view) still exists.
- Right-click on the gen folder and choose Team -> Reset -> Active.
- Right-click on the business scenario or project, and choose Delete.
Regeneration or Deletion Fails if external artifacts have dependency on the generated artifacts
Deletion of the generated artifact fails , when other external artifacts still hold a reference (that is, have dependency) on the generated artifact.
- Take a backup of the external artifacts.
- Delete the external artifacts referring to the generated artifacts.
- Delete or regenerate the business scenario project, as appropriate.
Issues while Modeling a Business Scenario
Certain aspects of the business scenario modeling require connection to the HANA server. If the project is not shared, connection with the HANA server cannot be established resulting in issues.
Share the business scenario project.
Regeneration fails if previous generation is abruptly ended and the Business Scenario Project is refreshed
Refresh of the Business Scenario Project leads to the conflict on the generated Business Scenario Artifacts.
Resolve the conflicted files by Resetting the files to Active version. (Right click on the conflicted file and click on Team -> Reset To -> Active)