The information on this page is valid for all SAP applications which agree with the General Support Statement for Virtual Environments ( see SAP Note 1492000 ). For any questions regarding the content of this document please send an e-mail to email@example.com .
SAP Notes Related to VMware and Specific Information
- For a list of SAP Notes that are related to the use of SAP applications on VMware products, see SAP Notes Related to VMware .
- For SAP HANA on vSphere check out following page: SAP HANA on VMware vSphere.
- For SAP on vSAN read the SAP on VMware Virtual SAN page.
For a collection of recent support issues with VMware vSphere, check Known Support Issues.
Supported SAP Applications
With the General Support Statement for Virtual Environments, SAP supports all applications and components - except BWA and SAP ITS 6.20 - on a proven stack of VMware vSphere, operating system and database. Check SAP Note 1492000 for prerequisites and conditions of support.
Supported Guest Operating Systems by SAP
The table below provides a short overview on supported guest operating systems. For prerequisites and configuration details for support, check SAP Note 1409608 on Windows and SAP Note 2369910 on Linux.
For a detailed list of supported guest operating systems by VMware vSphere, please read the Guest OS Compatibility Guide.
|VMware vSphere 5.x, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7|
|Windows Server 2003, 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2), 2016, 2019||supported|
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
SAP OS related WIKI Pages:
The table below provides a short overview on supported databases. For detailed information on support of your database product, check the relevant SAP Notes listed below.
|VMware vSphere 5.x, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7|
|IBM DB2||supported (*1)|
|MaxDB, livecache||supported (*2)|
|Microsoft SQL Server||supported|
|Oracle Database||supported (*3)|
|SAP ASE||supported (*4)|
|SAP IQ||supported (*5)|
|SAP HANA||supported (*6)|
(*1) only for specified DB, VMware and guest OS versions listed in SAP Note 1130801 and http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/im/DB2+Virtualization+Support
(*2) see SAP Note 1142243
(*3) Oracle support was restricted until Sept. 2019. SAP Note 1173954 reflects the most current details.
(*4) released as of SAP ASE version 15.7; see SAP Note 1706801
(*5) released as of SAP IQ version 15.4, see VMware document SAP Sybase IQ on VMware vSphere
(*6) For support information on SAP HANA and SAP HANA-related applications with VMware vSphere, see SAP Note 2652670 and the page SAP HANA on VMware vSphere.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of frequently asked questions for the operation on SAP applications with VMware vSphere, check Frequently Asked Questions: VMware vSphere.
Getting Started and VMware Documents regarding SAP Products
- VMware Best Practices Guide updated for vSphere 6: see Updated for vSphere 6 - SAP on VMware Best Practices guide
- SAP VMware Alliance webpage, see SAP Virtualization and VMware: Run SAP Virtual
- For the operation of SAP software with VMware, see VMware documents regarding SAP products
- For Customer Case Studies with SAP on VMware, see http://www.vmware.com/business-critical-apps/sap-virtualization/customer-success.html.
- For consulting services with VMware, see Assess, Create, and Adopt a Virtualization and Cloud Strategy
- Blog: VMware - Business Critical Applications - SAP
Be invited to join discussions and read blogs in the 1DX Virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure Community. Please provide any feedback or questions regarding the content under the current page comments. If you have an issue or are looking for help, post your question on SAP community using the Virtualization tag.
In order to leave comments, you must be logged on with your SAP account.