Transactions available to call
LPD_CUST: Customizing transaction
LPD_CUST_DISPLAY: Customizing transaction, display only
LPD_CUST_PARAM: Parameter transaction which allows opening one specific launchpad in LPD_CUST without displaying the list, it can be used in IMG activities.
User parameter options
|LPD_DETAILS||"Advanced Optional Parameters" are not displayed when selecting an entry in the launchpad.|
|X||"Advanced Optional Parameters" are displayed when selecting an entry in the launchpad.|
|LPD_EXPERT||In LPD_CUST: Default list of all launchpads.|
|XX||In LPD_CUST: Extended list of launchpads (version, user, delivered by SAP, switch id) and some additional features during customizing.|
|LPD_TEST_MODE||No "Preview" button in launchpad toolbar.|
|X||"Preview" button in launchpad toolbar.|
|Default behavior in translation report APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS.|
|X||Translation of SAP texts is allowed in translation report APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS.|
|LPD_TRANSPORT||No transport during "save".|
|X||Transport during "save".|
To open the Launchpads SAP Help Portal click on the highlighted "Show Documentation" tab.
Customizing transaction LPD_CUST
The Launchpad customizing editor is located in function group APB_LAUNCHPAD.
Launchpad customizing can be started with transaction LPD_CUST. The transaction starts a selection list of available Launchpads. Function module APB_LAUNCHPAD_SELECTION is called at this point.
After selection of a launchpad, class method CL_APB_LAUNCHPAD_LIST → call_main_dialog( ) executes function module APB_LAUNCHPAD_CALL. The launchpad object of type CL_APB_LAUNCHPAD is created in the method and directly handed over to the Launchpad transaction.
Important variables in this editor
|GD_ACTIVE_TREE||Current shown launchpad tree. “C” for customized version, “S” for SAP version.|
|GR_CUST_LAUNCHPAD||Customized Launchpad Version (current version, could also be the SAP version in case of SAP version only).|
|GR_SAP_LAUNCHPAD||SAP Launchpad Version. Gets initialized as soon as the user selects the “Show SAP Version” entry in customizing editor. Form routine read_sap_lpd is being used.|
Display of further attributes in LPD_CUST
Functions on list screen
|Launchpad → Create||Creates a new launchpad.|
|Launchpad → New repository||Creates a new repository launchpad.|
|Launchpad → Read from other system||Copy launchpad from other system via RFC connection.|
|Launchpad → Available application types||Select application types which should be available in customizing. If a launchpad contains a hidden application type you will get an information message when opening the launchpad.|
|Launchpad → Show Documentation||Show launchpad documentation.|
|Edit → Show more columns||Shows additional columns in the list: original language of a launchpad, namespace and package. This information is not displayed by default because starting LPD_CUST needs much more time with these columns. Internally we have to open each launchpad XML to get the information.|
|Edit → Hide columns||Hide columns shown via "edit → show more columns"|
|Goto → Expert ↔ Default|
For expert users only! User can see all existing versions of a launchpad and get list of transport requests. Should only be used for analysis, not per default.
Functions on detail screen
|Launchpad → Transport||Triggers creation of transport requests for a launchpad.|
|Launchpad → Text keys / Translation||Opens screen which shows text keys and allows navigation to translation transaction SE63.|
|Launchpad → Rename||Set new launchpad title.|
|Launchpad → Change switch id||Change switch Id of a launchpad; only available in SAP systems. Customers cannot change or add a switch id.|
|Launchpad → SAVE||Saves the current launchpad.|
|Launchpad → SAVE_AS||Saves the current launchpad with new name (same as copy).|
|Edit → New Folder||Adds a new folder.|
|Edit → New application||Adds a new application|
|Edit → Add Separator||Adds a separator.|
|Edit → Add Column Break||Adds a column break.|
|Edit → Delete||Deletes folder / application.|
|Goto → Change package assignment||Change namespace and package for a launchpad.|
|Extras → General Settings||General settings for a launchpad (set icons as selectables, show application ids in LPD_CUST, use shared memory and set logon language for navigation).|
|Extras → Source Parameters||Define source parameters which can then be used in parameter mapping.|
|Extras → Default Icons||Set default icons which should be displayed during runtime, only possible for non-FPM launchpads. For FPM launchpads the default icons are already set by the system. In addition you can change the settings if icons should be displayed at all.|
|Extras → Delete End-User Launchpads||Deletes existing end-user launchpads, clean-up activity.|
|Extras → Prefill "Most frequently used"||Prefill the hit list table.|
|Extras → Correct Text Table||Text tables for the current launchpad are corrected.|
|Extras → Show launchpad attributes||Opens a popup with the main launchpad attributes like package name, namespace, text key.|
Additional Functions in toolbar:
Copy from other launchpad (copy an application link from another launchpad)
Link to repository application
Search (this is where the search list is needed)
Functions that only exist in the context menu of an application link:
Copy (copy link; the new link will be above the old one)
Where-used list (only for application links in repository launchpads)
Set visible / set disabled / set emphasized (only in FPM launchpads)
Repositories are used as a kind of "master launchpad". Application links created in a repository can be referenced in "normal" launchpads. If the link is changed in the repository, all other launchpads will use the new settings automatically (if they have not been overwritten).
There can be three different versions of launchpads:
SAP delivered version (the version number is no less than 1)
Customer version of the launchpad
End user version of a launchpad
All versions have the same role / instance. To decide if the version is an SAP delivered launchpad or a customer version, see the field; SAP_OBJECT (0 = customer object, 1 = SAP object).
Alternatively in transaction LPD_CUST the version can be checked in two places:
- In the "Icon" column of the Launchpad list:
- Or in the title of the launchpad tree:
Logic to decide which Launchpad version is used in the front-end or in FPM
|SAP version exists||Customer version exists||End user version exists||Launchpad version used|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||End user version|
If there are several SAP versions, the version with the highest version number is going to be used. Please note that there might be inactive versions when a switch id is set and this switch id is switched off. These versions are not taken into account. For customer and end user versions the only possible version number is "000001".
In a customer system you cannot create an SAP version. End user versions can be created in every system, but these cannot be transported.
Update of user versions
If a customer version of a launchpad is transported from one system to another (e.g. development system to Q-system) and the launchpad already exists in the target system, user versions might need to be updated in the target system. When opening the launchpad in LPD_CUST a dialog box is shown; here the user can decide whether the corresponding end user versions should be updated or not.
Yes: The end user versions will be updated. New changelog entries will be transferred into table APB_LPD_CHANGELOG from table APB_LPD_TRANSLOG and the corresponding entries in table APB_LPD_TRANSLOG will be deleted.
No: The end user versions will not be updated. The changelog table APB_LPD_CHANGELOG will remain unchanged and the log entries in table APB_LPD_TRANSLOG will be deleted.
Cancel: No change will occur, currently nothing will be done.
This logic is implemented in function module APB_LAUNCHPAD_CALL.
Launchpad types and functionalities
- For embedding in WD Applications.
- This type has no folders at all, just a list of entries.
- Display: Use WD Application APB_LAUNCHPAD (based on WD component APB_LAUNCHPAD) and add the following URL parameters: &role=<role>&instance=<instance>.
- This type can have one level of folders directly under the root node.
- Display: Use WD Application APB_LAUNCHPAD (based on WD component APB_LAUNCHPAD) and add the following URL parameters: &role=<role>&instance=&<instance>.
- UIBB for FPM Applications.
- This type has one level of folders directly under the root node. These folders can contain an additional level of folders. There are no navigation entries directly under the root node.
- Display: Use Launchpad UIBB in an FPM floorplan.
- This type has one level of folders directly under the root node. These folders are created via program in BADI BADI_DEF_APB_LAUNCHPAD. There are no navigation entries directly under the root node. This launchpad type is only used for role "Business Unit Analyst" and was originally created because type "FPM_UIBB" did not exist yet. Flag SNI (structure navigation iView) is set to true for this type of launchpad.
- Display: There is a specific framework maintained by Thomas Pike to display the tree and launchpad in one screen.
Transport of Launchpads
Launchpads are transported in the customizing client. The customizing request includes table entries for the following tables:
- APB_LAUNCHPAD / APB_LAUNCHPAD_V
- APB_LPD_CONTROL (not needed if a customer version for an existing SAP version is transported)
- APB_LPD_REPOS (if links to an repository launchpad exist)
- APB_LPD_ADD_XMLS (only system alias mapping)
In addition, the user needs a workbench request for transport of long texts (transport object DOCV / DOCT) and short texts (logical transport object R3TR LPDS for SAP launchpads, R3TR LPDC for customer launchpads). Both transport requests must be released and transported to the target system.
When triggering the creation of transport requests via transaction LPD_CUST, entries in table TADIR will be created (one entry for each long text and one entry for all short texts). With launchpad version 4.0 long texts have TADIR key R3TR DOCV, object name is determined via function module DOCU_TR_OBJECT_CHECK.
Translation of Launchpads:
From LPD_CUST (function Text keys / Translation) or via report APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS you can enter translation for long texts or short texts.
- Launchpad texts can only be edited in the master language of the launchpad:
- If you are logged on in another language, text fields are read-only
- The master language of a launchpad can be seen in the line or when using button "show attributes" in the detail screen of transaction LPD_CUST
- How to get to the list of texts:
- From overview screen of transaction LPD_CUST: icon translation
- From detail screen of transaction LPD_CUST: menu "Launchpad → Textkeys / Translation"
- Start report APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS
- How to trigger translation transaction SE63 from the list of texts:
- For description text: doubleclick on the text or use button "Translate"
- For link text: use button "Translate Short texts"
- How to set source and target language in SE63:
- Start SE63
- Menu: "Utilities → User Settings"
- Language keys have to be entered with 4 chars! Please use F4 help
- Changes to translation do not get effective in launchpad:
- Please save the changes with status "active"
- Message "Object not found" when trying to start translation via SE63:
- A TADIR entry does not exist for the text → trigger creation of transport requests first
- Text does not exist in status "active", this might happen if the text has been edited with transaction SE61 and not been activated afterwards
- Check if the text is a general text or dialog text (for 'old' launchpads the texts have been stored as general texts (TX), new launchpads create dialog texts (DT))