POWL Configuration Parameters
POWL offers the following configuration parameters for the customization, Personalization.
A step by step procedure on how to configure components
1. Start transaction SE80 and enter the Web Dynpro Component: POWL_UI_COMP
2. Right click on node 'POWL_UI_COMP' or 'Component Configurations' -> create/change configuration
3. Web Dynpro Configuration Editor will start up
4. Enter 'POWL_UI_COMP' into the field component name and choose a name for your configuration
5. Hit the link 'create' the left function section
6. Click on tab 'explicit configuration'
7. Select the node 'CONF_DATA'
8. You have the following configuration possibilities:
- Query ID
9. Optional: on the node 'TYPE_SPECIFIC' you can do POWL type specific configurations
10. On the left panel you need to hit the save button in the 'Changed Configuration' section.
11. Now you need to create the application configuration
12. Go back to SE80 and select the node Web Dynpro Applications
13. Right click -> create/change configuration
14. In Application Configuration editor enter the following
- Application = POWL
- Configuration = <your choice>
15. hit create in the functions section
16. In the section 'Configuration of Root Component' please enter the previously created component configuration (step 1-11)
17. Save your configuration
18. When you get back to the se80 and click the refresh button above the object tree, your configurations will appear.
19. You can test the configuration by right click and 'Test' or by adding to the URL Parameter - sap-wd-configId=<YOUR_CONFIGID>.
There are two types of configuration, Conf data Specific and Type Specific.
These are for release 702 and above, so some may be not present in lower releases.
A) Conf Data Specific -> This is applicable to all POWLS running with these Configurations.
1) Application -> The application id can be specified here. The POWL will Load with that application id.
2) Query ID -> The query id can be specified in this field. This will be default query loaded.
3) Layout -> POWL offers the two kinds of Layouts.
A) Link Matrix
B) Tab Strip
Link Matrix is the default Layout for POWL
4) Default Visible Column Count -> Option to set default number of columns when POWL load.
5) Default Visible Row Count =-> Option to set default number of rows when POWL load.
6) ALV Graphic Display Enabled -> Option to set ALV graphic Option in settings of table when POWL load.
7) Display Page Header -> Option to display page header.
8) Enable PDF Printing -> Enable the Print PDF button on table.
9) Enable Excel Export -> Enable the Excel Button on table.
10) Bex Analyzer visibility -> Option to BEX Analyzer when POWL load.
11) Web Analyzer Visibility -> Option to WEB Analyzer when POWL load.
12) Refresh On Query Switch -> Option will refresh the query whenever there is a query switch.
13) Query Container Width -> Option will set the query container width for matrix Data.
14) Admin Query Change Info -> Option to set the admin Query Changed info on UI.
15) Fixed Table Layout -> Option to set the Table layout fixed that allows the user to resize the columns on Table.
16) No Query ALV needed -> Option to set the table in select mode even if there is lock is applied.
17) Disable hierarchy Display -> Option to enable/disable the hierarchy option for table.
18) Dynamic Data -> Option to enable the calculated date option on ALV.
19) Set Hierarchy Expanded -> Option to set hierarchy expanded by default.
20) Allow Shadowing -> Option to allow same query to be opened in more than one session. POWL queries are personalized queries that are locked for a user in a particular session. Meaning, when the same user opens the same query in the second session, the query is displayed in a disabled mode from the second session onwards. This is the normal behavior of POWL.Nevertheless, in cases where same 'User Ids' will be shared across business users, it is critical to have the same query opened in N number of sessions in an enabled state to allow the users to perform their business operation. This behavior can be switched on explicitly from the configuration and is referred to as 'Shadowing Mode' execution of POWL.
21) Error Page URL -> Option for application to give customization error page to be displayed.
22) No Complex Selection Restriction -> Option will not allow any complex restriction for select Options.
23) No Underline for Links -> Option will enable/Disable underlines from the links.
24) Include Category Info In Query-> Option to include category info with query by default on UI.
25) Query without Count -> Option to display Queries without count.
26) Display Alv Dialog as Popup -> Display Alv Dialog as a POPUP in place on Detail component.
27) Enable Alv Cell Action -> Option will enable ALV cell option.
28) Enable Default Lead Selection -> Option to enable initial lead selection by default.
29) Popup Comp Configuration Name-> Default configuration for POPUP component.
30) Display Powl Pers As Popup -> Option to open POWL personalization window as a POPUP.
31) Force Sync Refresh -> Option to refresh POWL Queries in Synchronous mode.
32) Selection Mode -> Option to set the selection modes for ALV table.
33) Last Hierarchy as Leaf -> Display last hierarchy node as a leaf. If this flag is set, then the last hierarchy column is displayed next to the DOT in the hierarchy display. If you only have ONE hierarchy column defined, like in this example, then you only have the root hierarchy node and the DOTs. For the last hierarchy column which is to be displayed as leaf no subtotals will be calculated.
34) Fire Event for Every Row Selection -> Option to fire event for every row selection.
35) Toolbar Refresh Button -> Option to show the toolbar button
36) POWL Default Focus -> Set the default Focus on POWL when n number of elements are there on View.
37) Hide Settings Link -> Hide the settings link from Table.
38) Enable New Ui -> Option to switch on UI based on new BTC Guidelines.