This page describes the Unified Rendring Update process with TCI.
SAP Note Transport-Based Correction Instructions (TCI) is a new technology used to deliver ABAP correction instructions in a flexible manner.
|NW Release||Software Component||Minimum Support Package level|
End of mainstream maintenance
See: SAP Note 2583882
Please find further information about the update process in the following notes:
From UR patch 1710 it is possible to rollback TCI packages. However, this feature is reserved for emergency situations only. Due to cross technology compatibility, we DO NOT recommend to rollback TCI UR patches.
The attached PDF in SAP Note 2187425 contains detailed information and prerequisites of this feature. Please read and follow the steps carefully.
About the TCI procedure
Before you start the process:
If the system's SAP_UI or SAP_BASIS version is below the mentioned minimum SP level. Please apply the newest Service Pack first, and proceed with step 2.
- Check that your user has one of the following authorizations:
- SAP_OCS_STD (complete SPAM authorizations)
- SAP_OCS_TCI_IMPORT (minimal SPAM authorization for TCI Import)
- Update your system's SNOTE version to the latest (see #875986 up to 702 and #1668882 for newer versions).
Check that you have the option in tr. SNOTE -> GoTo -> Upload TCI in each system (development, quality and production), where the TCI update is planned. If this option is not available please open and follow the steps described in Note 2187425 .
The update process:
- Open the Main Unified Rendering Note 2090746 and open the TCI Correction Note which is valid for your NW Release.
- Check that your SPAM version is above the advised minimum level. (If not, please update it)
- Start /nSNOTE and Download TCI Correction Note
- In the TCI Correction Note Correction Instructions section click on the Software Components → SAP_UI or SAP_BASIS, and download the corresponding TCI package.
- Upload the correction package in SNOTE via GoTo -> Upload TCI.
- Implement the TCI Correction Note.
- Run SE38 WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES and click on Force Deployment.
Check consistency. (In report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES the two 'urchangelist' values have to be identical )
Video about the update process
2499004 - Unified Rendering update for Web Dynpro ABAP [VIDEO]
- TCI is a cumulative patch, you have to install always the latest one.
The TCI Notes should be installed like normal notes in Dev or Production client.
The Objects are recorded in a Transport and can be transported like any other note correction.
Why don't change the older UR TCI Correction notes to Obsolete or Cannot be implemented status?
These UR patches are commutative which means the newest TCI package contains every corrections which was delivered in previous TCIs.
Therefore every older TCI UR notes get automatically the "Completely Implemented" status.
A note gets "Cannot be implemented" status when the prerequisites are not fulfilled. For example the SAP_UI service pack level is bellow or over the required.
A note gets "Obsolete" status when a newer version is available or it was archived.