The Unified Rendering engine is incrementally patched on the ABAP side. When you apply the notes below, there will be numerous prerequisites. These prerequisites will apply one by one the changes to the ABAP engine. All the notes together will bring the system to the complete and actual stack level.
Implementing the UR notes may take time, and you need to be careful to always activate all the objects listed at the application, otherwise the UR framework can become inconsistent and syntax errors can occur in UR classes.
Please be aware that updating Unified Rendering via notes in a system with old SP is strongly NOT recommended. It can cause many syntax errors and based on our experience many of the updates will end with a corrupted system and the SP upgrade cannot be avoided anyway.
SAP UR Notes
Check the corresponding SAP UR note according to the system's NW version.
The main note contains the list of UR correction notes which should be applied.
Please always use the English language version of below notes due to the translation can be delayed!
|NW version||Software component||Valid from - minimum SP level||SAP UR note number|
|730||SAP_BASIS||SAPKB73010 - SP10||2154726|
|710||SAP_BASIS||SAPKB71014 - SP14||2159280|
|711||SAP_BASIS||SAPKB71105 - SP05||2159126|
|720||SAP_BASIS||SAPKB72004 - SP04||2159222|
The update procedure
Before you start the process:
SAP strongly recommends to update component SAP_BASIS to its latest Service Pack; in most cases, this will significantly reduce the number of SAP notes to apply.
- Check your system's exact sap_basis version in SAP GUI → System → Status → SAP System Data section → "Component info" button
If your SAP_BASIS version is below the mentioned minimum SP level. Please apply the newest SAP_BASIS Service Pack first, and proceed with step 3.
- Update your system's SNOTE version to the latest (see #875986 up to 702 and #1668882 for newer versions)
- Update the MIME checking report with #2052845 (if not yet included in the system via support package)
- Adjust the memory settings of your backend system according to SAP note #2180736
The update process:
- Open the UR SAP note from the above table which is relevant for your SAP_BASIS release (NW version).
- If you have not applied yet any of the listed UR notes (valid for your SAP_BASIS Support Package), choose the bottom most entry for your SAP_BASIS Support Package in the table in the note (cf. third column) and proceed with step 3.
- If you have already applied some of the UR notes, search for the first note in the list (starting from the top) that has not yet been applied.
- Starting from the entry found in the previous step, apply all the notes up to the top of the list (in the order from bottom to top). Apply the notes separately, i.e. restart SNOTE (/nSNOTE) each time a note has been applied.
Never stop at any point in note implementation, because the system will not be consistent without applying all the notes!
In case of problems, please do not apply further notes or deimplement any note, because it can destroy the system and the update can be inconsistent.
Please also read SAP note #2090746 about the update process.
After the update process - Checking the consistency
- Once all the notes are applied, make sure that you delete the server and client cache according to the last screenshot of http://goo.gl/4XnNf
- Run report: WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES.
- Compare the two values labeled "urchangelist". Both must show the same number. Please see on the below screenshot.
- If they do not show the same value, please execute the option 'Force MIME deployment' and check if this resolves the issue.
- If the "urchangelist" value within the first red square of the below screenshot is smaller than the "urchangelist" value within the second red square ,then please reinstall the last UR SAP Note and repeat the option 'Force MIME deployment'.