ALV has provided a new feature of WebDynpro Table Control which is Client Table (cTABLE) starting from SP03 of SAP_UI or SP03 of SAP_BASIS 750.
In addition to the standard properties of the classic Web Dynpro Table, the Web Dynpro Client Table (or cTABLE) has various complex properties.
Now POWL also supports cTABLE wherein it can be decided whether to use Standard ALV table or new cTABLE Control in the Application.
There is a new interface IF_POWL_FEEDER_EXT_CTABLE with method: GET_CTABLE( ) that needs to be implemented by the Application to set the WebDynpro Table Control to cTABLE.
Refer to note: 2277899 for details.
Following are the properties of cTABLE, which are set through the Configuration:
Sets the Height of each row in pixels in the WebDynpro Table
Sets the Height of Row Header in pixels in the WebDynpro Table
Enables Horizontal Scrollbar.
Each column has a width, either a default width calculated by WebDynpro considering the DDIC element, or the application has defined a column width.
In the cTABLE control as many columns are displayed as space is available. The scrollbar appears as soon as the available width is filled up.
Note: The Configurations fixedTableLayout, columnresizemode and defaultVisibleColCount is not considered in case of cTABLE.
Specifies whether the height of the table is to be set in VISIBLE_ROW_COUNT or whether all the rows are to be displayed.
All Rows- All the rows will be displayed in the table.
Visible Row Count- The value from VISIBLE_ROW_COUNT is used. The table can be stretched in size vertically.
Visible Row No Resize-The value from VISIBLE_ROW_COUNT is used. The table cannot be stretched in size vertically.
Find below a step-by-step procedure on how to configure components
1. Start transaction SE80 and enter the transaction POWL_UI_COMP
2. Right click on node 'POWL_UI_COMP' or 'Component Configurations' -> create/change configuration
3. Web Dynpro Configuration Editor will start up
4. Enter 'POWL_UI_COMP' into the field component name and choose a name for your configuration
5. Hit the link 'create' the left function section
6. Click on tab 'explicit configuration'
7. Select the node 'CONF_DATA'
8. Set the below Configurations and save.
9. Go back to SE80 and select the node POWL_UI_COMP->Web Dynpro Applications->POWL
10. Right click -> create/change configuration
11. In Application Configuration editor enter the following
•Application = POWL
•Configuration = <your choice>
12. Select the first Row with Component POWL_UI_COMP, in edit mode click on 'Assign Configuration Name', give the created component configuration (step 1-8).
14. Save your configuration
15. When you get back to the se80 and click the refresh button above the object tree, your configurations will appear.
16. You can test the configuration by double clicking your Application Configuration created, and then clicking on Start Configurator button on the top.
17. Now give this Application Configuration to your application so that the application is launched with this configuration.