Welcome SAP folks to the HANA Tech Night Mannheim info page for the year 2020.
HANA Tech Nights focus on topics around the SAP HANA Platform, SAP HANA as a Service and native HANA development. As a result of the change in SAP's direction ("cloud first") since March 2019, we intent to concentrate in addition on cloud based development and new topics like Cloud Application Programing Model (CAP) and Side-by-Side Extensions which uses SAP HANA as backend service. Which defines the role of the "cloudy" HANA Developer.
We had three great events in the last year, information can be found on HANA Tech Nights Mannheim 2019.
Virtual HANA Tech Night Mannheim (2020 Q3), July 23th 2020
|20:00||Start & Welcome|
|20:10||Talk 1 - "Kick-Start Machine Learning with SAP HANA"||Benedict will give an overview of what possibilities you have with Machine Learning on SAP HANA. As an example I will show how you can start developing predictive models using SQLScript and Predictive Analytics Library (PAL) within SAP HANA Express.||Benedict Baur|
|21:00||Talk 2 "Experience from the HANA Cloud Headliner Program"|
First Experience of building Virtual Data models with the help of HANA Cloud for SAP and Non-SAP Systems is presented. The SAC is used as a Dashboard.
|21:20||Discussion about Talk 2|
|21:50||Have a drink and have fun|
When and how to register?
- The first Virtual HANA Tech Night Mannheim will happen on July 23th 2020, 20:00 - 22:00
- Registration is done via Meetup.com: https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/HANA-Developers-Mannheim/events/271795335/
- Seats are limited, we have virtual room for 100 participants.
- Log in details will be send to registered participants shortly before the event
4. HANA Tech Night Mannheim, February 10st 2020
|18:00||Start of HANA Tech Night|
Talk 1 "What's new in SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment (aka. Steampunk) 2002"
|With the latest release 2002 the development of applications using RAP became even more convenient. In my session I want to show in a life demo the development of an application using the ABAP RESTful Programming Model (RAP) that makes use of SAP HANA underneath the new cloud based ABAP stack.||Andre Fischer|
|19:00||Talk 2 "Unleash the Beast"|
Bringing ABAP and SQLScript together. A talk about AMDP and CDS Table Functions.
|19:30||Pizza & networking|
|20:15||Talk 3 "Location Analytics with SAP HANA Spatial"|
In this talk Mathias Kemeter will present SAP HANA Spatial and some recent enhancements in the area of geospatial clustering.
|20.45||Have a drink and have fun|
When and how to register?
- The fourth HANA Tech Night Mannheim will take place on Monday, Feb. 10th 2020, 18:00 - 21:30
- Registration is done via Meetup.com: https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/HANA-Developers-Mannheim/events/267256984/
- Seats are limited, we have room for 50 participants.
Where will it take place?
HANA Tech Night Mannheim
MAFINEX-Technologiezentrum (Bauteil C / Conference Room C4)
68163 Mannheim / Germany
Who shall attend?
For SCN community members (no matter if you are a customer, consultant, freelancer or SAP employee) , who want to share or catch-up on their knowledge and are interested in topics around the SAP HANA Platform. No matter if you already have experience with SAP HANA/SAP HANA Express Edition or if you are completely new to the topic - everyone is welcome.
The closest hotel is the Best-Western in the Lanzcaree (5 minutes walk away): https://www.hotel-lanzcarre.de/
We are 10 minutes walk away from Mannheim Hbf (Main station)
Car Parking Space
From 6 pm on you can park for free on all public roads around the venue.
At the house there are two visitor parking lots (marked with P1 and P3 in the picture below), each with 5 parking spaces, as well as another 10 parking spaces (marked with P2 in the picture below), where you can park with a parking permit (please pick up the permit from the organizers).
The event is for FREE (free, as in free beer).
Tweet / Social Media
Use #HANATechNight hashtag
This event is sponsored by
For sponsors we offer the following:
- Your logo on this page within the SAP Community Network Space.
- You will be mentioned during the opening sessions of the event.
- At the event, you can put some flyer and merchandising to one of the desks.
Contact and follow us