SAP InnoJam Amsterdam 2013 Documentation
Step 1: Team Building
(1.1) What is your team name?
(1.2) Please collect the name and the email address (the one associated with the SCN account) of your team members:
You can scan the QR code on the badges in order to get all the relevant participants information
Stefan Hanke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kamil Jellonek (email@example.com)
Arwold Koelewijn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Holger Wittges (email@example.com)
Sonja Hecht (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cees Louwen (email@example.com)
Martin Briewig (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alexander Graebe (email@example.com) - coach
Robert Kubis (firstname.lastname@example.org) - coach
Step 2: Understanding
In this phase your team conducted the "Fast Forward" and re-framed their design challenge
(2.1) What was your re-framed design challenge?
Design an easy-to-use and secure collaboration system that supports healthcare professionals along the treatment process in order to improve communication and collaboration of the care team.
Step 3: Observing
(3.1) What were the most important questions you asked your interviewees? Please list at least 5 questions:
(3.2) Which insights were most surprisingly and/or interesting?
Step 4: Synthesizing
In this phase your team came together to share and cluster insights
(4.1) Please name every cluster your team came up with as well as the top 5 insights per cluster:
- Information Sharing
- Relevance / Quality of Information
- Data Security
- Data Integration
- Common Interface
- User Experience
(4.2) Please describe your Persona(s):
- Dr. Miller (45, divorced), Surgeon
- I'm a doctor not a computer scientist
- I want to treat patients as fast as possible
- Just give me the information I need
- Why do I havew to ask the same question all the time?
- How do I gather important information asap?
- Too much documentation (time consuming)
- Time pressure
- Deals with the patients (surgery vs. face2face)
- Research / Education
- Consulting with nurses and other doctors
(4.3) Please state your Point of View(s):
Dr. Miller needs a way to efficiently decide on correct and rich information because he has not access to all information available and is overloaded with irrelevant information
(4.4) Please collect the Persona(s) and Point of View(s) and upload them to this wiki page
Step 5: Brainstorming
In this phase your team phrased the "How might we" questions, generated ideas, and clustered and voted for the ideas
(5.1) Please list your "How might we" question(s):
HMW improve the hand-over of status information to pass-over complete information quickly?
HMW make sure the doctor isn't missing out on important information?
(5.2) Please name every cluster your team came up with as well as the top 5 ideas per cluster:
- Views / UI
- Data Mining
- Voice Recognition
- Information Sharing
(5.3) What were the top ideas the team voted for?
- Tap mobile phones to share information easily
- Show differences / changes and highlight them important ones
- Silent server-side data mining and push service to device
- Easy caputring of unstructured data (voice controlled)
Step 6: Prototyping
In this phase your team substantiated and prototyped the top ideas
(6.1) Please describe the idea your team came up with. Use the Idea Napkin(s) as a basis:
- Short description: Provide the doctor similar coses based on the concrete patient data.
- Use case: Using HANA as a DB while doing the handoff (shift of two physicians). The physician receives the latest patient record on his mobile device. Our app shows the changed records since the last ward round of the physician. So the physician is able to identify the urgent cases very quick and improve his efficiency during the ward round. During this ward round he is able to see similar cases based on historical data. Finally, during the handoff the physician is able to record unstructured information using the mobile app and pass over the information to the upcoming physician in duty.
- How does the service work: Healthcare IS on top of In-Memory with mobile access. Using SAP UI5 for the UI app development. XS engine used for the services.
- What is unique: Change log (data hightlighting), Decision supporting (argumentation) based onaccumulated knowledge, Easy data capture via voice
(6.2) Please collect the Idea Napkin(s) and/or prototypes and upload them to this wiki page
Step 7: Validating
In this phase your team gathered feedback regarding their prototype(s) using the feedback grid
(7.1) What was good about your prototype(s)?
The handoff support for the shifts in the hospitals
(7.2) What does require improvement(s)?
Search for similar cases should be rather a decision research function as physicians may fear that the app could be supposed to replace the doctors knowledge / experience.
(7.3) What idea(s) did your team or the interviewees came up with in order to improve the prototype(s)?
The focus of the development was shifted to the handoff functionalitites
(7.4) Which (unexpected) question(s) were asked after/during the validation?
Step 8: Iterating
In this phase your team incorporated the feedback and improved their prototype(s)
(8.1) Which changes were made to the prototype(s) in order to improve it?
Step 9: Developing
In this phase your team developed an application based on their prototype(s)
(9.1) Which technologies did your team used to realize the application?
SAP HANA, UI5. XS, Analytic Views, OData WebService
(9.2) Please describe the final solution in a few sentences: