US SAP TechEd '08
Come to SAP TechEd 2008, and learn how to be a best-run business. SAP TechEd enables IT managers, software developers, administrators, and business process experts to focus on innovation and stay ahead of business change.
With such a growing interest in RIA and related technologies SDN and SAP ventured out to see how large an interest was present in the SDN community, the result together with Adobe was a sold out event in 3 SAP TechEd locations in 2007. For 2008 we've double the capacity and increased the presentations and sought out even more new and interesting things to demo and present! 2008 proves to be a most interesting year for attendees to the Hacker Night, don't miss your chance to sign up and attend!
Agenda at a Glance
- Welcome and Introduction by Craig Cmehil
- RIA and Web Dynpro, Significant enhancements have been made to bring features from the RIA and Web 2.0 world into SAP's primary UI technology - Web Dynpro. We will take a look at some of these new features as well as what is to come in the next year. We will see the AJAX Enabled Unified Renderer, Flash Islands, Silverlight Islands, HTML Islands and other new features
- CogHead, RIA in action
- What are Adobe's Data Services and Why should I care?', Ever consumed a web service using Flex? How about 10 service calls? 20? Adobe's commercial and open source data services simplify flex development by providing messaging and synchronization services, and optimize performance by utilizing Adobe's binary AMF format.
- Adobe Project Genesis, a look behind the curtain, Get a glimpse of Adobe's Project Genesis, the future of rich enterprise collaboration built with Adobe AIR. Be one of the very few people that have seen Genesis publicly.
- FLOB 1.0 (Flex on BSP), Find out about the story of FLOB (Flex on BSP); how it went from an Open Source Project to inspiring an SAP prototype project to actual shipping development and then back again as enhancements to the original Open Source Project. Along the way we will show how Flex development official fits into BSP (CRMUI) as well as show off a preview of some of the new features in FLOB 1.0
- ESME - The Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment, ESME (Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment) is a social tool that takes the immediacy of messaging and applies it to real time business process problem solving.
- Hack it! Time to brainstorm and build (Bar opens and food is ready!)
- SCN Profile Search - entrie Flex Archive available for anyone who wants it
- Hands on ESME
- more to come...
- Closing: Show and Tell
As last year spots are limited for attendance and you must be a full attendee to the SAP TechEd event itself. Sign up sheet will open in late August.