- Presently working for SMART Modular technologies as Global Applications Manager.
- Responsible for managing SMART's Business Applications team, Projects, Applications and its global instances of SAP ECC, NetWeaver Portals, Business Intelligence, Exchange Infrastructure, B2b and Supply Chain Management Systems.
- Working in IT since 1995 and in SAP domain since 1997; involved in global implementations from versions 3.0f to NetWeaver'04s.
- Responsible for the development, deployment, and management of FedEx's Express Bridge, one of the first automated SAP solutions for shipping.
- Chair person for ASUG's Integration technologies and E-business SIG; regular speaker at ASUG/Sapphire/TechEd conferences
- Systems / Applications management
- Project planning and Scheduling
- Budget planning and administration
- Regulatory compliance management
- New systems design / development
- Supply chain management principles
- Quality assurance controls / standards
- Team building, mentoring and Leadership
- Operations and process engineering
- Start-up and Turn around operations
- Problem solving and change management
- Systems integration during acquisitions / mergers
- Systems separation during divestitures
Work with ASUG:
Special Interest Group Chair for Integration Technologies and E-Business (BITI Community)
- Hosted ASUG's XI/PI webcast series (a series of webcasts on SAP's Exchange infrastructure / Process Integration product). Working on making this an annual event.
- Active participant on the discussion forum
- Moderated sessions at ASUG Annual conferences and SAP TechEd events.
- Speaker, Sapphire / ASUG Conference 2008, Orlando
- Speaker, Community day, SAP TechEd 2007, Las Vegas
- Speaker, SAP TechEd 2006, Las Vegas
- Annual Conference Blog
SDN is a perfect avenue to reach out to peers, friends and the community in general.
It has helped me tremendously and I look forward to contributing more on SDN. The blogs on SDN are a great help as some of them not only helps us in resolving issues, but also helps in promoting best practices. As for the forums, I have always found anything and everything I ever needed in these. I am impressed by the fact that one forum post goes a long way in resolving a common issue for so many customers. Unlike other forums (which are purely question and answer based), SDN forums and blogs seem to be built on a realization that many problems are similar and by grouping similar problems, a single solution can be found to a set of problems, thus saving time and effort. The winner undoubtedly is the end consumer (and in many cases, an SAP customer).
- Hands-on experience / expertise on SAP - SD, ABAP, XI,BI and NetWeaver Portals
Achievements in the SAP arena:
- Lead developer of FedEx's Express Bridge, one of the first automated SAP solutions for small parcel multi carrier shipping.
- Architect of one of the first external facing portals using SAP NetWeaver Technology. It was a combination of SAP EP (now called NetWeaver Portal), BW (now called NetWeaver BI), Inventory collaboration hub (now called Supplier Network collaboration - SNC) and XI (now called NetWeaver PI). This project was presented at Sapphire and other SAP conferences as a customer success.