In-Store Merchandise and Inventory Management
Lack of visibility in current inventory positioning within and across a store, limited store associate availability for customer-facing activities are all different challenges facing retail stores today. With the SAP® In-Store Merchandise and Inventory Management (In-Store MIM) solution, retailers can empower sales associates with real-time inventory updates and the tools necessary to manage and monitor inventory. This will improve associates ability to provide shoppers with better service and complete more sales.
A bad shopping experience affects not only that visit, it puts future opportunities at risk as well. Nothing should interfere with your store associates ability to satisfy shoppers purchasing requirements. The SAP® In-Store Merchandise and Inventory Management application makes accurate, up-to-date information available to your associates so they can meet shoppers needs.
SAP® In-Store Merchandise and Inventory Management give associates on the sales floor real-time access to back-office functionality for inventory management anywhere in the store. Enabling sales associates to make immediate updates to inventory and financials for goods receipts, movements, and issues helps ensure the highest level of shopper service.
Implementing SAP In-Store Merchandise and Inventory Management provides benefits in many areas:
- Store associates can work more effectively with increased focus on shoppers.
- Mobile functionality provides real-time inventory information anywhere in the store.
- Complete visibility of any type of goods movement, such as inventory adjustment, serves as a controlling instrument for store managers and informs store associates.
- Different work lists provide task visibility to support and guide store associates in their activities.
- Immediate updates to inventory and financials for goods receipts, movements, and issues help ensure the highest level of shopper service.
- Using one database for all processes eliminates need for reconciliation processes to synchronize multiple data sources.
- Intuitive and user-friendly tools facilitate the learning process of store employees.
- Highly configurable, role-based application structure is coupled with simplified administration and deployment.
Mobile Demo for In-Store Merchandise and Inventory Management
There is a mobile demo solution for In-Store MIM (not sellable, only demo). This solution is for iPhone/iPad, is designed for store associates on the floor, and supports Inventory/Price/Product Lookup, Customer Order Management, and Store Ordering.
- Lookup features give store associates the ability to answer nearly any questions a customer might have about inventory, price, and product details.
- COM enables store associates to create an order for home deliver or pickup and includes features such as create customer, sales order, and order status.
- Using Store Ordering store associates can verify the order proposal on the shelf and place an order for an efficient replenishment.
Getting Started with In-Store MIM
- In-Store MIM solution brief (SMP login required).
- Find the relevant area in the Solution Map for Retail (Retail → Shopper Experience → Store Operations → In-Store Merchandise and (Mobile-) Inventory Management)
- Business Scenario description in the SAP Library → SAP ERP → SAP ERP Enhancement Packages → SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0, incl. SR1 SP14 → SAP ERP Central Component → Logistics → SAP Retail → SAP Retail Store .
- Basic learning maps and RKT materials (SMP login required).
- For more information about the SOA service and mobile enablement please see SOA Service for Inventory Lookup.
- Mobile Demo: For more information please see https://microapps.pal.sap.corp/AppGallery/app/details/Playground/385