Author: Pritam Ghosh
Submitted: 08 May, 2009
This tutorial shows how to call and pass value from one Application to another Application in Webdynpro ABAP. We will Create two Application name 'ZZ_CALLING_APPLICATION' and 'ZZ_CALLED_APPLICATION'. In first Application that is 'ZZ_CALLING_APPLICATION' we will create an input parameter where user will enter a date & on clicking on a button it will show all Purchasing Document Header data for that particular purchasing document date and on lead selection of Purchase Order details it will call our second Application that is 'ZZ_CALLING_APPLICATION' and show the Purchasing Order Item details for that particular PO which we have selected in our first Application means we will call and pass the Purchase Order Number from first to second Application
1. Go to transaction SE80 and select "WebDynpro Comp./Intf" and create a new WebDynpro component by the name ZZ_CALLING_APPLICATION (as shown below), give window name as MAIN_WINDOW and view as FIRST_VIEW. Save the Web Dynpro Application as local object as shown below:
2. Now go to the Component Controller Context tab and create one node as shown below with the name 'EKKO_NODE' and take the Dictionary structure as EKKO with Cardinality '0..n' and Selection '0..1'. Now select the 'Add Attribute from Structure' and select the fields you want in your table.
3. Now save your Application and go to view context and map the node 'EKKO_NODE' from Component Controller Context to view context by drag and drop as shown below.
4. Create one attribute with name DATE under the View Controller Context tab with type DATUM.
5. Now go to the Layout and create an element with name LABEL type label, INPUT as type Input Field. In element LABEL maintain its property 'LabelFor' as INPUT and in 'Text' write 'Enter a date'. Now bind the property value of element INPUT with attribute date as shown below:
6. Create an element type Button with name SHOW and make the text property as 'Show PO' and create an action as SHOW_PO as shown below:
7. Now create a table with name TABLE, change the property 'Layout Data' as 'MatrixHeadData', give the text as 'Header data' in the text property of CAPTION.
8. Right click on the table and create the binding as shown below, chose the context node as EKKO_NODE, make the Standard Cell Editor property as 'TextView' and click on 'Confirm Entry' as shown below:
9. Now double click in the Action SHOW_PO and write the below piece of code in the method ONACTIONSHOW_PO.
10. Create one more WebDynpro component by the name ZZ_CALLIED_APPLICATION, give window name as MAIN_WINDOW and view as FIRST_VIEW. Save the Web Dynpro Application as local object. Now go to the Component Controller Context tab and create one node with the name 'EKPO_NODE' and take the Dictionary structure as EKPO with Cardinality '0..n' and Selection '0..1'. Now select the 'Add Attribute from Structure' and select the fields you want in your table as you have done in step 2 and save you application.
11. Go to view context and map the node 'EKPO_NODE' from Component Controller Context to view context by drag and drop and then go to the layout create a table with name TABLE, give the text as 'Item data' in the text property of CAPTION and bind it with the node 'EKPO_NODE' as shown below:
12. Now save the application and come back to our first application that is ZZ_CALLING_APPLICATION, in that create a Action in the On lead selection event of the table 'TABLE' as SHOW_ITEM as shown below:
13. Now double click on the event SHOW_ITEM and write the below code in its method ONACTIONSHOW_ITEM.
14. Now go to the Controller Initialization Method of the 2nd application that is 'ZZ_CALLED_APPLICATION' and write the below piece of code in its WDDOINIT method.
15. Now SAVE and Activate both the Application. Test your Application after creating a WebDynpro application as shown below:
16. Now test the first application that is 'ZZ_CALLING_APPLICATION' as shown below:
Enter a date:
Click on the button 'Show PO'.
Make a lead selection on any of the PO
Window of the Second Application with the item details for the PO selected in first Application.