- Install TREX according to OSS Note 1249465 - TREX 7.1: Installing TREX for Embedded Search.
- Setup a RFC Connection to TREX
- Check that using the RFC Connection created in the previous step the TREXADMIN Transaction can be used to administrate TREX
- Start transaction SPRO and go through the settings under Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Enterprise Search Integration
- At "Specify Software Components for Template Transfer" the entry "BBPCRM" has to be maintained
- With a virtualized system I've used this settings in "Define Settings for Parallel Extraction":
If no Server Group does exist you can maintain it in Transaction SM61 and SMLG.
- Adjust table CRMPAROLTP according to SAP Note: 1736193 - CRM ES: data missing in Enterprise Search TREX indices. The following shows an example for some popular business objects:
- To extract all objects it is important to run the extraction with a user that has authorisation to every business object. By default the extraction processes are executed with the authorization of the user that startet the extract. In transaction ESH_EXTR_USER a different user can be defined.
- Start transaction ESH_COCKPIT which can be found in Architecture and Technology -> Enterprise Search Integration -> Tools -> ES Administration Cockpit when you have assigned CRM_MENU as your start menu in transaction SU3
- Click on create and choose the object you want to have indexed. And click on "Create Connector"
- Be patient and click the "Refresh" button until the list of objects in status new is empty and switch to the list with status All
- Choose the Object which should now be in status "Prepared" and click "Actions" -> "Schedule Indexing"
- Confirm the start of the indexing by clicking OK
- Depending on the number of Objects that have to be indexed this can take a while. Click the "Refresh" button to see the status
When you get the error "Initialization of parallel process failed; check server group setting" Message Class/No: CRM_ES_EXTRACTION 018 then check if the Server Group you've defined in the customizing "Define Settings for Parallel Extraction" works in transaction SPBT when you define this Server group and click the Init PBT env. button.
Test successful indexing
You can use the test report ESH_TEST_SEARCH to see if the indexing was correctly executed and you get search results.
Customize Central Search
In SPRO at Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Define Central Search add this entry
to enable the full text search in accounts.
Attention: The Object Action field can only be filled using the F4 Help of the Object Type field.
Also make sure that at Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Business Roles -> Define Buness Role the central search configured in the step before is enabled.
Activate SICF Services
For the search is accounts make sure that the service bp_head_search is enabled in SICF. If you want to enable other services you can find out the services that have to be activated when you enable the SICF Client Request Recording and look for HTTP messages "Access denied".
The result of the customizing settings can be found in the Central Search of the CRM WebUI. When you click on the search options you should see the entry "Free Text" under Accounts:
- There is a Userparameter CRM_CENTRAL_SEARCH with value REBUILD_MENU for the Administrator to avoid caching-issues.
- If you have problem that users don't get any search result, it could be that they don't have the needed authorization or the Index USER_AUTHORITY is not up-to-date. To rebuild the Index USER_AUTHORITY for all users you need to open the table ESH_AU_USR_UPD in SE16 and add a new line where only ALL_USER_FLAG is set to X.
Enhance Embedded Search with custom fields
Check out the guide Configuring CRM Enterprise Search 7.0 from the SAP Service Marketplace on how to enhance the Embedded Search for SAP CRM.