The following pages provide an overview about the various phases of an SAP NetWeaver IDM project. They provide guidelines about the implementation tasks associated with the corresponding phases and where to find documentation about each task.
Documents / Resources
1. Determine landscape
Take into account:
2. Define roles and responsibilities for the identity management implementation project
This is an organizational step. Make sure you know who is responsible for which tasks within the implementation project.
3. Define business roles
In this step, define your business roles. The more comprehensive that you are in this step, the more time you will save during and after the implementation.
4. Determine necessary frameworks and connectors to use in the landscape
5. Determine the leading system for attributes
You may have multiple leading systems for different attributes, for example, SAP HCM for HR attributes and a telephone directory for telephone numbers. For each attribute, it should be clear which system is the leading system for the data to use.
6. Determine customer-specific requirements for:
7. Create a plan for migrating old processes / products
8. Define the authorization concept for operating and managing SAP NetWeaver Identity Management
-(SMP login required)
Determine which tasks require which authorizations and set up the authorization concept accordingly. For example, you might want to set up different authorizations for user and identity management, database management, or system management.
All resources are valid for SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Release 7.2 unless otherwise indicated.