Forward Error Handling means that the user of an Enterprise Service can “fire” a message and then go on. This concept is equivalent with the concept of “loose coupling” explained in the SAP Guidelines for Best Built Applications: “The receiving system must not send an error to the calling system if that error could be handled closer to the receiving system“.
Error and Conflict Hander (ECH)
ECH is a framework located in ABAP package FS_ECH which is part of any stack including SAP_BS_FND with release >= 7.01 and additionally in SAP NetWeaver release 7.11 and 7.30 (located in SAP_ABA). It uses parts of local PI runtime in every AS ABAP and another software component called post processing office (PPO) which is located in package /SAPPO/MAIN in software component SAP_ABA.
There is the following official
- Lecture notes of CD267 in SAP TechEd 2010
- SOA Learning Map of SAP Business Suite 7 Innovations 2010 on SAP Service Marketplace: https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000717255& including
- Help.sap.com: SAP Library -> SAP Business Suite -> Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Error and Conflict Handler (CA-FS-ECH)
Information on SCN
Weblog series by Tobias Trapp:
- Forward Error Handling – Part 1: Outline
- Forward Error Handling – A short look at SAP Business Suite Ehp 4
Weblog series by Michal Krawczyk (based on ERP Ehp 4)