After Debugging the Payroll Schema article, I thought it would be interesting to share some of the places where I set a break-point when I need to investigate a recurrent issue.
If you think the issue is a bug, you may search correction SAP notes using the abap code as a search term in case there has been a recent change on the same.
1. Splits are generated apparently for no reason:
2. Retroactivity or is triggered apparently for no reason:
CLAS CL_HR_PAYROLL_MAIN METH DETERMINE_RETRODAYS
3. Different currencies involved in payroll calculation.
Currency in IT0009 <> Payroll currency.
Currrency in IT0015 / IT0014 / IT0267 <> Payroll currency
Include RPCGET00_FUP0015 / RPCGET00_FUP0014 / RPCGET00_FUP0267
4. Why splits in table WPBP are created.
Normally it's obvious but.
PROVIDE massn massg stat1 stat2 stat3 FROM p0000
persg persk bukrs werks btrtl kostl plans gsber
* vdsk1 ansvh orgeh stell from p0001 "P30K097081
* vdsk1 ansvh orgeh stell fistl geber FROM p0001 "P30K097081 "
vdsk1 ansvh orgeh stell "XMU2001/08/29
fistl geber fkber grant_nbr FROM p0001 "XMU2001/08/29
dysch wkwdy arbst "S11K123108
schkz empct zterf FROM p0007
* FROM p0027
trfar trfgb trfgr trfst
* bsgrd divgv FROM p0008 "N0329415
bsgrd divgv waers FROM p0008 "N0329415
* KUSWG KUSPE KUSCH KURFN KUSKL KUKFB YUI060391
* KUDIV KULSA FROM P0049 YUI060391
* new for funds management new with XULAHRK015788
* FROM i_fund_for_provide
BETWEEN pn-begda AND pn-endda
WHERE p0027-kstar EQ '01 ' AND
p0008-subty EQ l_use_subtype.
PERFORM split_wpbp_and_it TABLES sdates.