The purpose of this page is to clarify the understanding of the system logic and requirements in relation to the creation of asset master record.
The following paragraphs and pictures will describe an EXAMPLE in steps of the creation of an asset and the functionality of the main fields and their links between other components like FI-GL, CO, PM.
Creating Assets - Creating an asset master record
To create the asset go to Navigation: SAP Easy Access -> SAP Menu -> Accounting -> Financial accounting -> Fixed Asset -> Asset -> Create -> Asset
Alternatively: Transaction code AS01
1) Fill out the fields Asset Class and Company Code with ZSAO (Press Enter)
2) Fill out field Description, as detailed in the image below:
3) If you double click in Acct. Determination 20000, you will be forwarded to GL account master Data (transaction code FS00) as you can see in the below picture. I.E.: to see the Accounts related to this account determination you may go to transaction code AO90.
4) In Time - dependent tab Fill out the field Cost Center with ZSAO (Relevant to CO integration).
5) If you double click in Cost Center ZSAO, you will be forwarded Cost Center Master Date (transaction code KS03)
6) In Allocation tab you will be able to see the integration of assets and equipment. However the equipment number will be automatically updated only after you save the new asset.
7) In Depreciation Area Tab you can set the depreciation key for each depreciation area.