SAP NetWeaver Process Integration supports the integration of components based on intermediate documents (IDocs) by providing the IDoc adapter.
In releases prior to SAP NetWeaver 7.3 the IDoc adapter runs only on the Integration Engine that is based on AS ABAP.
Starting with SAP NetWeaver 7.3, the Advanced Adapter Engine (based on AS Java) also provides an IDoc adapter. This adapter type is called IDoc adapter (AAE); the technical adapter type in Integration Directory is IDOC_AAE.
You can find here troubleshooting information about the following topics:
- com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocMetaDataUnavailableException error when using the IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor module
- IDoc connection information for deleted channels is still present in Application Resources
- IDoc remains stuck in SM58 of sender system with exception "IDocException occurred"
- No IDoc messages displayed in IDoc Monitor after a successful IDoc scenario
- RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE Server repository could error in SM58 on sender system