Important points of Merge functionality at Business Objects Web Intelligence
- Reports can be built where multiple source data can be synchronized.
- Two or more similar dimensions of the same type can be merged. These different dimensions may come from different data sources or Report Queries.
- Report Objects from different Queries can be included in the same Report Block by using the Merge Operation for synchronizing different Report Queries.
- It is possible in Web Intelligence to merge large number of Queries.
- N-number of dimension objects can be merged between 2 Queries provided the objects have the same data type.
Note : 'Data type' means STRING, NUMBER, DATE etc.
- While merging the dimension objects it should be kept in mind that if the 2 objects to be merged are of same type and value but the values are of different case (Lower Case & Upper Case) then the values will be treated as 2 distinct values.
- If the values of 2 objects to be merged look exactly the same but if any one of them is having trailing blanks and the other one doesn’t then those values will be treated as 2 distinct values.
- From Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 Service Pack 3, You can now merge dimension variables coming from two different queries. With this addition, you can clean up your data using variables and merge them.
For maximum efficiency, use the Arranged by: Query view to make sure that you select the right objects to merge.
Please refer Web Intelligence User Guide
- When merging variables, make sure they are not used with Set functions. Set functions are contextual and not supported when merging variables. Only scalar functions are supported.
- You can merge dimensions automatically if the dimensions have the same name and data type, and are in the same universe. The auto-merge happens only at the document level.
Check option 'Auto-merge dimensions' under Document Properties.