The purpose of this page is to clarify the understanding of the system logic and requirements in relation to Intercompany asset transfer through transaction code ABT1N.
The following paragraphs and screen shots will describe an EXAMPLE in steps of an Intercompany asset transfer and the functionality of the main fields and buttons.
Asset Transfer with transaction code ABT1N
To transfer an asset go to Navigation: SAP Easy Access -> SAP Menu -> Accounting -> Financial accounting -> Fixed Asset -> Posting -> Transfer -> Intercompany Asset Transfer
Alternatively: Transaction code ABT1N.
1) Fill out Field Company Code and Sending Asset (press enter).
2) Fill out Fields Document Date, Posting date and Asset Values Date.
3) In topic Interco. transfer to select the option New Asset and fill out the receiving Company Code.
4) Review parameters in the tab “Additional Details”
*Regarding transfer variant, review page How to update a 'Transfer variant' ?
5) If it is not a complete transfer from sending asset to the receiving asset, set parameters in tab “Partial Transfer”.
6) Click over Line Items to open popup with depreciation areas values.
7) Double click over sending asset number to check values in sending asset depreciation areas.
8) Double click over receiving asset number to check values in receiving asset depreciation areas.
9) Press “Simulation” button
10) Press “Additional account assignment” button to complete missing information (if necessary).
11) If it is everything ok after that, you may execute the transfer by saving it. Otherwise, you may repeat steps above and simulate it different transfer parameters.
SAP Note 444797 : Separ.SET-/GET parametrs for trnsfr and intracompany trnsfr
SAP Note 310346 : ABT1 Defining transfer variant gross
SAP Note 339528 : Transfer gross: depreciation to target asset