This WIKI will show the full process of a purchase order, including the steps below:
- Purchase order creation
- Goods receipt
- Invoice receipt
- Credit memo or Cancellation of invoice
Standard Process Flow
- ME21N - Purchase Order Creation
- MIGO - Goods Receipt
- MIRO - Invoice Receipt
- MIRO - Credit Memo (optional)
- MR8M - Invoice Cancellation (optional)
ME21N- Purchase Order
- In invoice tab keep in mind you must check the GR-Bsd IV flag under invoice tab (mandatory flag, except for future delivery scenario). For more information about this flag, take a look at GR-Bsd IV flag issues. If not checked during the PO creation it leads to inconsistencies especially if you need to cancel a subsequent document later.
- In Brazil tab the Brazilian fields (material usage and material category) are close for edition.
- Also in Brazil tab material origin is usually open unless you use split valuation, in this case material origin will be closed for edition.
MIGO_GR - Goods Receipt
- Choose Goods Receipt and Purchase Order option.
- Enter the purchase order number just created using movement type 101.
- In delivery note field you can enter the vendor NF number.
MIRO – Invoice Receipt
- During MIRO you need to enter the field reference with the Nota Fiscal number.
- When you enter the Nota Fiscal, you can always check where the taxes are coming from. This is very important for scenarios where the taxes are not as expected.
MIRO – Credit Memo
- The reference have to be filled in like showed below in field 'Header Text' in tab 'Details'.
- Keep in mind, this is one flow, so it is the same purchase order still.
MR8M - Cancellation
- If you don´t want to create a credit memo you also have the option to cancel the invoice in MR8M.
- SAP Help Purchase Order (Brazilian Fields)
- SAP Help Returns
- SAP Help Cancelling Invoices
- GR-Bsd IV flag issues
- Brazilian fields are not open in Brazil tab ME21N
- 8B 236 - External NF number-series is wrong
- More info on material origin field.
- Learn more about it Brazilian fields are not open in Brazil tab ME21N
- Error 8b 236: 8B 236 - External NF number-series is wrong
- SAP Help Portal - Credit Memo
- SAP KBA 1914927: How to customize 'GR.Bsd-IV' and 'S.-Based IV' to be filled in automatically
- SAP KBA 1914810: Purchase Order and Service Purchase Order does not maintain the link between the documents posted