Setting IdM remote dispatcher – manual for Oracle DB
If you have to set a remote dispatcher and you have the following case: IdM console in on machine A and the remote dispatcher have to works on machine B, the needed steps:
- IDM design time.
- IDM run time.
- Java SDK X.x (the best case is to be the same version as it is on the primary server).
- Oracle client & Oracle OLE DB provider(this provider is a part of the Oracle client). After the client installation the provider has to be activated.
Note: Run the Oracle setup again and select option: Custom. On the next step you have to choose a component - Oracle Provider for OLE DB. Because in case, that the dispatcher is executing tasks on windows engine ,the task cannot be executed - if the provider is not activated.
1. Copy the dispatcher (from -…..\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Service-Scripts) from A to the respective directory in B:
- For each dispatcher are generated tree files(1,2 and 3) – you have to copy all of them
2. In the batch File(1) you have to set four variables with the updated directories(for machine B):
3. From IdM console in A you should stop and uninstall the dispatcher:
4. Then open your command Prompt(in B) navigate to IdM dispatchers directory, after you are there copy the dispatcher name into the command Prompt and execute(test config):
5. Install the dispatcher(if everything goes well with step 4) - install:
6. You can start the dispatcher from Services(in B):
- After that check if the dispatcher is running in IdM console(in A):
Note: settings should be done, when the system is not busy:
1. First you have to set in the hosts-file(on B) the IdM DB IP address:
2. Second - copy the Keys file(from A):