The purpose of this page is to describe the steps to be done when setting a CTS+ landscape for Portal systems.
This page describes the steps to be done to set a CTS+ landscape in a Solution Manager system. The Solution Manager system used has the following support packages:
The Portal system has the following components:
Steps done in the CTS+ configuration:
Check the DeployProxy Web service is listed in the list of deployed Web Services:
- Due to the long deployment time the timeout parameter need to be changed to: icm_server_port_<n> = PROT=HTTP, PORT=80<nn>, PROCTIMEOUT=3600
Configure the HTTP connection using transaction SM59 (client 000):
- Look for the http connection CTSDEPLOY. There you will get the host and port of the J2EE Engine where CTS Deploy Proxy is running. Please make sure it is correctly set.
- Check if the 'Target Host' and 'Service No.' specified in HTTP destination CTSDEPLOY are correct. Be informed that they should point to the Host and Port of the Java stack system where the deploy web service DeployProxy is running.
- The logon user for HTTP connection CTSDEPLOY, should be the J2ee Administrator user ID of the Java stack (not ABAP) where the CTS deploy controller is deployed.
Transaction LPCONFIG (client 000):
- In the Proxy Class field, select CO_TFLDEPLOY_PROXY_VI_DOCUMENT from the list (F4).
- In the Logical Port field, enter CTSDEPLOY and then choose Create.
- Enter a description (for example, CTS deploy Web service) for the logical port and select the Default Port checkbox.
- Go to the Call Parameters tab and select "CTSDEPLOY" as the value for the HTTP Destination field.
- Path Prefix: "/DeployProxy/default?style=document"
- Activate the Logical Port.
- You can enter the path only once. Enter the path either in the HTTP destination (input field "Path Prefix" in "Technical Settings") or in the logical port (input field "Path Suffix" in "Call Parameters"). In Release 7.00, we recommend that you enter the path in the HTTP destination. As of Release 7.01, we recommend that you enter the path in the logical port.
Activate Transport Organizer Web UI, go to transaction SICF:
Create the Development system:
- Start transaction STMS and go to Overview – Systems.
- Choose SAP System - Create - Non-ABAP System from the menu.
- Maintain the TMS communication system and the transport client as shown in the screen shots.
Create also the target systems as the screen shots:
Configure the transport routes:
Create the ABAP user (Type: Service) in the communication client:
Make sure the user has the correctly authorizations as SAP Note 1003674:
Start the Visual Admin of your non-ABAP Development system as shown in the screen shot:
- Maintain the connection information for the TMS communication system.
- Save and Test the connection.
1003674 - Enhancement for non-ABAP systems in CTS;
1172252 - CTS+, 'attach file': Troubleshooting Guide;
1155884 - CTS+, configuration 'close coupling': Troubleshooting guide;
1139406 - CTS+: cx_ai_system_fault when importing requests;
1724212 - No valid transport request found, consult your system administrator;
1679294 - Transport method CTS not available;
1897661 - Internal communication error with destination CTSDEPLOY;
1134795 - EP export to CTS+: Wrong user is displayed in OTO scenario.
1688705 - CTS+ configuration changes required as of release 7.10 with respect to the change from SDM to the Deploy Controller (DC).