Command line interface to running a Promotion Job on the BI Platform.
Windows Syntax: lcm_cli.bat -lcmproperty <property file>
Unix Syntax: lcm_cli.sh -lcmproperty <property file>
- The promotion management command line tool takes a properties file as a parameter. The properties file contains the required parameters to communicate the promotion management tool about the actions to perform, system(s) to connection to, connection methods, objects to promote, and so on.
- The file must be in the form of <File Name>.properties
- Please refer to the Administrators guide for a complete list of parameters to use within the <property file>
- If the username/passwords are omitted from the <property file>, the command line interface will prompt the user to enter them.
The promotion management tool supports the following command line options:
- Export an existing LCM job template to LCMBIAR with and without password encryption.
- Report developer creates LCM Job with content to promote
- LCM Administrator uses Command Line Tool (CLI) to create LCMBIAR
- Promote with existing job
- Report developer creates LCM job with content to promote
- LCM Administrator uses CLI to promote LCM job content to destination
- Import and promote an existing LCMBIAR
- LCM Administrator uses CLI to promote LCMBIAR content to destination
- Export single/multiple platform queries
- LCM Administrator or developer writes one or more queries to specify the content selection and LCMBIAR file is created.
- Promote multiple platform queries
- LCM Administrator or developer writes multiple queries to specify content selection, the BOE content selected by the queries is promoted to the destination
The LCMCLI is installed with the BI Platform, there is no separate download.
The LCMCLI is documented in the BI Platform Administrator Guide in the section "Promotion Management-Using the Command line option"
Requirements / Dependencies
The BI Platform "Lifecycle Management Service" need to be running and enabled, along with the CMS and FRS services and for applying overrides you need the Connection Server and Crystal Reports 2011/2013 Report Application Server.