The Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) framework has been greatly enlarged during the last releases of SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and offers new, optiomized provisioning capabilities. Together with the SAP Landscape Transformation (SLT) replication server implementation into ODP, fascinating real-time insigihts are now supported wherever needed. A subscriber is the consumer of the data.
Currently the following subscriber types are available (depending on release):
|SAP_BW||SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse|
|BOBJ_DS||SAP Business Objects Data Services|
|TREX_ES||SAP NetWeaver Embedded Analytics. Query is defined on transient provider, which is derived from the ODP|
|RODPS_REPL_TEST||Created by executing report RODPS_REPL_TEST (in transaction SE38)|
|RSODP_ODATA||Open Data Protocol (OData)|
|HANA_SDI||SAP HANA Smart Data Integration|
A subscriber is identified by two further components:
- Subscribers are associated to a system name. The combination type/name identifies the calling system. For BW system name would be e.g. QT6CLNT004, for DataServices the repository name.
- The subscriber within the system is identified by specifying the subscription (subscriber process). For BW this would be the DTP/Infopackage, for DataServices the Job/DataFlow).
A context represents a source of ODPs. Context identifiers exist for all technologies whose analytical views can be exposed as ODPs. Currently the following ODP-contexts are available (depending on release):
|SAPI||SAP Service Application Programming Interface (S-API) for SAP DataSources / Extractors without Enterprise Search (ESH)|
|HANA||SAP HANA Information View|
|BW||SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse|
|SLT~||SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server|
|ABAP_CDS||ABAP Core Data Services|
|ESH||Search and operational analytics (Enables reporting locally without replication of data to data warehouse system. Based on ESH)|
|BYD||SAP Business ByDesign. Data from MDAV (Multidimensional analytical views) can be extracted via ODP. Implemented via SOAP Web Service.|
Determination of available contexts in system is done via CL_RODPS_DEFAULT_CONTEXT->GET_CONTEXT_LIST
Find the right component
Get the right component help you to find relative notes and other documents. And in case you need to send customer incident to SAP, right component would help to have the incident to assigned to the right queue.
- BC-BW-ODP: All the issues related to ODQ and loading which uses the ODQ
- BC-EIM-ODP: All the issues related to ODP metadata, ODP Model activation, ODP Business Content and ODP creation, ODP DataSource replication/activation irrespective of contexts, even loading without the ODQ
- BW-BEX-OT-ODP: All the issues related to Query processing in any ODP context