- Browse to the Software Download Center
- Search for "SAP Host Agent"
- Click on SAP Host Agent 7.21 then select the operating system of your BI nodes and Tomcat (Web Application Server) nodes. Download SAP HOST AGENT 7.21 SP45 (or the latest SP version)
- Next, return to the Software Download Center
- Search for "SAPCAR" then click on SAPCAR 7.21. Click on the operating system for host where you will be installing the SAP Host Agent, then download the latest version of SAPCAR 7.21
- Verify the "Hosts File" format has correctly been define following the Mandatory Standard. See https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/i4IjI
- Copy the SAP Host Agent and SAPCAR files to a temp folder on your BI nodes and Tomcat (Web Application Server) nodes
- Ensure to provide execute permission to SAPCAR file
- On your BI / Web Application Server node, logon as root or sudo root. Extract the content using the command:
SAPCAR* -xvf SAPHOST*.SAR
- Install the SAP Host Agent using the command and provide a password when prompted:
saphostexec -install -passwd
- Confirm the host agent is installed and running
ps -ef | grep sapadm
- Copy all files under <BIPST_PATH>/BISupport/bin/operations/Unix/operations.d inside the BIPST installation folder to /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/operations.d (create operations.d folder if it does not exist)
- OPTIONAL & RECOMMENDED: check operations.d script files for Windows new line character:
vi -b /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/operations.d/custom_operations/BIPST/BIPST_downloadBOEHistoryInfo.sh
If you see ^M characters (Windows new line character), you will need to remove them using this command:
sed -i.bak 's/^M//' BIPST_*.sh
NOTE: DO NOT RUN THIS COMMAND AS IT IS!! To get ^M (as a single character), hold down Ctrl key and press V and then press M. This command will make backups of all .sh files then remove all Windows new line characters in all .sh files. See KBA 2832454 for more details.
- Restart SAP Host Agent using command:
- Repeat steps 7 to 13 on all nodes
Running into issues with this install?
Refer to: Troubleshooting SAP Host Agent Install errors