Release: SAP CRM 7.0 EhP2 SP7 + 7.0 EhP3
1. Business Functions
The following business functions need to be activated to make all new features available in the system.
Apart from this, below listed dependent Business functions also have to be activated:
2. Service Request Enhancements
2.1 Search for Service Requests “with my involvement”
With the new search category with my involvement, you can search for service requests that you have created or changed.
The function is available for the advanced search and the Service Monitor.
2.2 Category Search Help
Previously, by searching for the categories of a service request, the system outputs the complete category hierarchy. You were not able to specify search criteria to find categories.
Now you can use a string to search for categories within the category hierarchy. The search result of the fuzzy search outputs all category nodes that contain the entered string. If required, you can output the result in a structure view on the category hierarchy.
2.3 Processing Log
The following objects or actions are logged:
- Actions performed on a checklist, for example the following actions:
- Adding a checklist
- Changing the status of a checklist step
- Determining the checklist automatically
- Items that have been deleted or added. For actions on notes and attachments, the users can display only these objects that they are authorized for.
- Changes to categories are now logged with the labels that you have defined in the category modeler. Previously, all categories were logged with an identical entry. You were not able to identify the related categorization block
- Display the dates in the format defined in the user settings. This includes the conversion of the timestamp.
- Changes to the service profile and response profile
2.4 Button Configuration for Service Request Overview
This functionality allows you to add/remove/rename/change the order of buttons on the overview page. Obviously, if new buttons are added, the EH_ONEVENT method has to be created.
If you see some technical names in 'More' menu, please refer to below SAP KBA
1888809 - 'More' button in header view contains technical names
2.5 Fast Access to Actions on Service Requests
With this function, you can provide frequently used actions to your users that make the processing of service requests easier.
You make these actions available as buttons in the work area toolbar of the overview page. The system inserts these buttons after the standard buttons.
The sample action profile QUICK_ACTION_BUTTONS shows how to implement the buttons.
2.6 Copying Service Requests
When splitting service requests or creating follow-up service requests, also the following objects are copied:
- Attached documents
- References to the related transactions
- Text objects
2.7 Displaying Contact Information
In the header of the service request overview page, you can display the most important contact dates of a business partner.
While editing a service request, the function allows you to have the contact data of the reporter or processor of a service request directly on the screen .
The system retrieves the dates from the standard address of a business partner.
2.8 Status Solution Provided
You can prevent setting a service request to status “Solution Provided” if the user has not added a knowledge article with status “Published”.
2.9 Number of Processors
You can display the number of processors that have edited a service request in the service request overview page. The system counts how often the partner of the partner function for the responsible employee has been changed.
2.10 Reporter On Behalf
You can add the new field Reporter on behalf to the transaction header. This field displays the result of partner function Reporter on Behalf (Person) (00000152).
2.11 Local Time of the Business Partners
Additional fields are available that inform you about the time zone and the local date and time of the business partners:
- In the service request header
- In the parties involved assignment block (time zone and local date and time)
- In the master data of the business partner (time zone and local date and time)
3. Text Management Enhancements
For adding and providing text information, a couple of new features is available for the text management capability:
- Using only one assignment block for editing texts and displaying the notes history (log)
- Personalizing the size of the text block by using a new button
- Filtering and sorting the notes history by several text attributes
- Classifying texts by tagging a note with up to 8 keywords
- Adding URLs and executing them in display mode
- Using text templates
3.1 Classifying texts
For editing and administration of notes, you classify texts in two ways:
- You create different text types. For example, you create text types that are describe the following usages of a text:
- Problem description
- Solution description
- Reply to requestor
- Internal note
- You create keywords that the users can use to classify and to filter texts
3.2 Logging texts
For every text type, you can define in the Customizing for the text determination procedure whether it should be logged.
Text types that are not logged have the following features:
- You can only create them once for each language
- You can change and delete them
3.3 Text Templates
By editing a text type, you can include text templates. You can use this function to provide standardized texts for situations that occur frequently. After including a text template, you can continue editing the text and add further information.
You can create a text template by editing a text and saving it as a template. A text template requires the following attributes:
- ID and description
Visibility level. You have to classify every text template whether it is to be used only by you or by all users (system).
4. Checklist Enhancements
4.1 Automatic Checklist Determination
Automatic checklist determination is used to provide predefined checklists for transaction types such as incidents/service requests or problems/master requests.
This feature is intended to support you during the initial phase of processing a service request.
Depending on the transaction details the users have entered, the system inserts the appropriate checklist or provides the users with a list from which they can select one
4.2 E-Mail Notifications
You can now send e-mail notifications when a certain due date is reached for a checklist step.
4.3 Checklist Steps Enhancements
You can use additional fields for the administration of checklists.
The creation and the completion date are filled automatically.
The following dates can be filled automatically based on the values defined in the Response Profile. This function enables you to schedule tasks according to the specifications that are defined in the service level agreement.
- Planned Start Date
- Planned End Date
In addition to the Comment and Work Instruction text types, a new text object is available for the checklist steps. You can use it to edit an additional internal note.
You can add the following new fields to the columns of the checklist step overview:
- Additional note
- Work instruction
In these columns, the first characters of the related texts are displayed. In the tooltip, you can read the whole text.
You can now search for service requests with attributes of the checklist step.
If you change the status of a service request to confirmed, you can now close the remaining checklist steps.
5. Attachment Management Enhancements
5.1 Visibility of Attachments
You can use this function to control which user roles are allowed to display and edit documents that are attached to a business transaction.
5.2 Fast Navigation to Attachments
A new button is available for the work area toolbar. The button with a paperclip icon indicates that attachments are assigned to a service request. By choosing the button, you can navigate directly to the expanded attachments assignment block.
5.3 Editing Attachments
You are able to edit texts or to add attachments even if another user locks the service request.
6. Processing Times
The Management of Processing Times enables you to monitor the response times of your service organization. You can use it to control the compliance with the agreements you have made with the partners involved in the performance of services.
In the processing times management context, the planned response times are target values for the durations of services that you have agreed with the different partners of the service provision. With this framework, you can compare the planned with the actual response times. You can use this data to do the following:
- Collect empirical values to improve your service portfolio and to have a valid data basis for your contract design
- Optimize your services and the collaboration of your service teams
- Optimize the scheduling of your workforce planning
- Informing the processors of services at a glance that critical thresholds have been reached.
7. Notification Framework
The Notification Framework enables you to keep your business partners informed about the status and the progress of business transactions. It enables you to subscribe yourself or a group of persons to a transaction or to transactions that have specific attributes.
You can subscribe to a service request or subscription by the following ways:
- You create a subscription.
- You subscribe to a subscription.
- You subscribe to a service request.
Whenever a business transaction is changed that fulfills the conditions defined in the subscriptions, all persons subscribed to the business transaction are informed.
You can use the following communication channels to inform the subscribers:
- SMS (short message service)
- Customer-specific Web services. For more information, see SAP Note 1731580.
You can enable your users to create their own subscriptions or to create subscriptions for a couple of users (business partners, members of an organizational unit). You can define customer-specific conditions to be available for the creation of subscriptions. For the supervisors of the subscriptions, several functions are available to control the process and to reorganize the database.
8. Dispatching & Routing
8.1 Transaction Ranking
The transaction ranking helps you to classify service requests. It is visible in all contexts in which a quick validation of service requests is required, for example in search result lists, in the inbox, or in the worklist.
By sorting the search result lists, the transaction ranking provides decision support for the scheduling of support tasks and informs the users about the importance of the processing of a specific service request.
You can define the rules for the transaction ranking in a Business Add-In (BAdI) in Customizing. You can calculate it for static values, such as the priority of a request and also for the dates that give information about the processing time of a service request. For example, the transaction ranking should increase when a service request is escalated or when the requested end of an incident approaches.
8.2 Rule Modeler Enhancements
The following new features are available for the rule modeler:
- The most frequently used functions for the rule modeler maintenance are currently available as a button or a one-click action. This applies to all business roles.
- When maintaining a rule policy, you can now use a vertical splitter to increase the application area that is currently being used.
- For rule policies in context Service Request Management, several new condition attributes are available that you can use to process automatic actions or to provide buttons for the work area toolbar (see also section Fast access to actions on service requests):
8.3 Forwarding Service Requests
You can use this function to forward service requests to another service team or employee responsible.
To forward a service request, you can change the service team and the employee responsible manually. However, you can also use automatic functions that make the work of your service desk personnel easier.
You can forward a service request automatically with the following options:
- The service request is forwarded automatically when you change a service request. For example, you can use this function for the initial phase of the service request processing.
- You trigger the forwarding by using the standard button Dispatch.
- You trigger the forwarding by using customer-specific buttons.
8.4 Organizational Assignment
- In the service monitor and the search page, you can now search for incidents and problems by organizational units. The new search attributes allow you to create a list of all service requests that are assigned to your service organization. You can display the organizational assignments in the result list.
- You can now manually trigger the automatic determination of the organizational assignments.
- In the application, you can now display the log of the organizational determination. If you assign the user parameter CRM_ORGDETER_LOG to your user, the new button Organizational Assignment Log is available for the organizational data assignment block.
8.5 Service Request Fact Sheet
You can use this business function to provide the following enhanced fact sheet capabilities for the management of service requests:
- You can provide access to fact sheets that are related to the business partners involved in a service request.
- You can add the service request assignment block to the overview pages of the accounts and the contacts.
- You can add the service request assignment block to the customer fact sheet.
In addition, you can add the attachments assignment block to the overview page of the account and the customer fact sheet.
9. Bulletin Boards
You can use this business function to provide a framework that enables you to implement a transaction or master data independent information flow. You can post short notes concerning business partners or installed base and display them in the master data and in transaction types that are related to these objects.
Two assignment blocks are available with which you can display the related bulletins and the bulletins that the user has created. In addition, you can display bulletins with high importance in a special message area.
9.1 Assignment blocks in Business Partner
9.2 Assignment blocks in Installed Base
9.3 Special message area in transaction
9.4 Assignment blocks in transaction
Help Portal: Service Request Enhancements