Below you can find the coding which is relevant when a project is exported to MS Project or imported from MS Project:
Export of a Project to MS Project
Class CL_DPR_MSP_UTILITY contains methods which are relevant to Microsoft Project integration. E.g. method FILL_MSP_PROJECT populates the project structure which
is later used for export to MS Project, method MSPC_CONVERT_ABAP2XML converts the ABAP data for the project (structure IS_ABAPDATA) to XML data (EV_XML).
While this process you can check the XML-File (EV_XML) which is created and contains the datas for exporting.
Steps to export a project to MS Project:
- Select a project in Project-Dashboard
- Button: Export Project
- Select Application: Microsoft Project
- Button: Check
Which datas are exported?
Then a breakpoint can be set at:
CALL TRANSFORMATION dpr_msp_xml2abap
* Give the rootname as result. Here OUTPUT acts as a rootname
SOURCE output = is_abapdata
RESULT XML ev_xml.
lv_convert = cl_abap_conv_in_ce=>create( input = ev_xml ).
lv_convert->read( IMPORTING data = lv_data ).
- In Debugger click on the structure EV_XML to open it in detail.
- Select "View": VAR_XML XML Browser
- Then the datas are displayed as XML-file directly in Debugger.
- To save the XML-Datas as file: Right Mouseclick > View Source > Save the file.
- Then you can open this XML-File separately with the Browser and check the datas.
Import of a Project from MS Project
While importing a project the breakpoint can be set at CALL TRANSFORMATION in class CL_DPR_MSP_UTILITY, method MSPC_CONVERT_XML2ABAP. Then the XML-File with the imported datas is available by structure IV_XML. (Details to display the structure as XML-File in browser - see above).
- SAP Note 841337 Customer enhancement BAdI for import/export MSProject/XML
- SAP Note 1119068 cProjects 4.0 FAQ: Composite SAP Note re. MSP import/export
- SAP Note 1326709 MS Project Integration with SAP Portf. and Proj. Management
- Webdynpro: DPR_TRANSFER
- Class: CL_DPR_MSP_UTILITY
General Information: Project Management Integration with MS Projects