Read Access Logging is often required to comply with legal regulations or public standards such as data privacy, for example in banking or healthcare applications. Data privacy is about protecting and restricting access to personal data. In some countries, data privacy regulations even require that access to certain personal data be reported. Companies and public institutions may also want to monitor access to classified or other sensitive data for their own reasons.
The Read Access Logging tool for SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP allows you to monitor and log read access to sensitive data in order to protect sensitive business data and prevent security violations.
- Overview Presentation
- Documentation on SAP Help Portal
- SAP Insider Article: Protect Sensitive Data and Prevent Security Violations
- Blog: Best Practices for Editing and Creating Content for Read Access Logging Delivered by SAP
- SAP Note 1969086 - Release Information
- SAP Note 2053988 - Information on Logging with the ABAP Dynpro Channel