New to Operational Data Provisioning? Having questions regarding your scenario?
Start with our Frequently Asked Questions to find the answers on your questions.
The Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) framework has been greatly enlarged during the last releases of SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and offers new, optiomized provisioning capabilities. Together with the SAP Landscape Transformation (SLT) replication server implementation into ODP, fascinating real-time insigihts are now supported wherever needed. A subscriber is the consumer of the data.
Currently the following subscriber types are available (depending on release):
|SAP_BW||SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse|
|BOBJ_DS||SAP Business Objects Data Services|
|TREX_ES||SAP NetWeaver Embedded Analytics. Query is defined on transient provider, which is derived from the ODP|
|RODPS_REPL_TEST||Created by executing report RODPS_REPL_TEST (in transaction SE38)|
|RSODP_ODATA||Open Data Protocol (OData)|
|HANA_SDI||SAP HANA Smart Data Integration|
A subscriber is identified by two further components:
- Subscribers are associated to a system name. The combination type/name identifies the calling system. For BW system name would be e.g. QT6CLNT004, for DataServices the repository name.
- The subscriber within the system is identified by specifying the subscription (subscriber process). For BW this would be the DTP/Infopackage, for DataServices the Job/DataFlow).
A context represents a source of ODPs. Context identifiers exist for all technologies whose analytical views can be exposed as ODPs. Currently the following ODP-contexts are available (depending on release):
|SAPI||SAP Service Application Programming Interface (S-API) for SAP DataSources / Extractors without Enterprise Search (ESH)|
|HANA||SAP HANA Information View|
|BW||SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse|
|SLT~||SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server|
|ABAP_CDS||ABAP Core Data Services|
|ESH||Search and operational analytics (Enables reporting locally without replication of data to data warehouse system. Based on ESH)|
|BYD||SAP Business ByDesign. Data from MDAV (Multidimensional analytical views) can be extracted via ODP. Implemented via SOAP Web Service.|
Determination of available contexts in system is done via CL_RODPS_DEFAULT_CONTEXT->GET_CONTEXT_LIST
Benefits of using ODP
- It is a infrastructure to unify data exchange between provider and consumers
- Enables extract once deploy many architectures for sources
- Unified configuration and monitoring for all provider and subscriber types
- Time stamp based recovery mechanism for all provider types with configurable data retention periods
- Highly efficient compression enables data compression rates up to 90% in Operational Delta Queue (ODQ)
- Quality of service: „Exactly Once in Order“ for all providers
- Intelligent parallelization options for subscribers in high volume scenarios
- Runtime is reduced by more than 40% in lab results
- Throughput of > 35 Mio records per hour is achieved w/o tuning (three times parallel processing)
- If the extractor logic is the ‘bottle neck’ the throughput won’t change
|Pointer (RID)||The pointer identifies a particular data request of some subscriber. The pointer is stored in a special timestamp format (TSN).|
|TSN||Transactional Sequence Number. The sequential transaction number (TSN) sorts transactions that write data to the delta queue into a defined sequence, with regard to delta replications. The sequential transaction number is set at the end of a transaction, shortly before the database commit, and then assigned to the transaction ID(TID) of this transaction. Determining TSN is a critical process which requires exclusive locks (class CL_ODQ_TSN).|
|TID||Transaction ID. The transaction ID identifies a transaction from the perspective of the delta queue. The ID is assigned to the queue at the start of a transaction, before data from this transaction is written to the queue. Therefore the ID does not necessarily reflect the commit sequence when two transactions are compared. The commit sequence is only defined when a sequential transaction number (TSN) is assigned at the end of a transaction, shortly before the database commit.|
Find the right component
Get the right component help you to find relative notes and other documents. And in case you need to send customer incident to SAP, right component would help to have the incident to assigned to the right queue.
- BC-BW-ODP: ODP / ODQ (basis) framework and extraction based on Operational Data Providers.
- BC-EIM-ODP: All the issues related to ODP metadata, ODP Model activation, ODP Business Content and ODP creation, ODP DataSource replication/activation irrespective of contexts, even loading without the ODQ and specific questions regarding ODP in Search & Analytics only (aka ESH).
- BW-BEX-OT-ODP: Transient Query and Provider Runtime on Operational Data Providers.
- BW-WHM-DBA-ODA: ODP Designtime (Operational Data Providers) for ABAP CDS, HANA Information Views, BW and Odata support
For more detailed questions and / or requirements reach out to us via SAP Operational Data Provisioning feedback channel: email@example.com .