Pull Data Providers This means the SAP Solution Manager is asking for metric data’s. The different pull data provider types:
Solution Manager System calls ABAP function modules in the managed systems which are delivered as part of ST-PI plug-in. Scheduling: Scheduled in the Solution Manager (one extractor per managed system). One RFC call from the Solution Manager to the managed ABAP system which contains a list of all metrics that have to be collected. The metrics are then collected locally on the managed system by using function modules which are part of the ST-PI plug-in. The metrics are sent back in the same RFC call.
1-Collect local metrics from the local CCMS of the ABAP system
2-ABAP Work Process information, ABAP Memory information
Solution Manager calls ABAP function modules which collect information from the Solution Manager. Scheduling: Scheduled in the Solution Manager (exactly one extractor) One internal RFC in the Solution Manager which calls multiple function modules locally to retrieve metrics.
1-Data from the CCDB (E2E Change Analysis)
2-Data from Early Watch Alerts (EWA)
Solution Manager calls ABAP function modules which collect information from the BW system of Solution Manager (internal or external). Scheduling: Scheduled in the Solution Manager (exactly one extractor). One RFC from the Solution Manager to the attached BW system (internal or external) to retrieve metrics from BW info cubes.
1-Data from the info cubes for E2E Workload Analysis
2-Data from the info cubes for E2E Exception Analysis
Solution Manager retrieves database metrics from the ADBC connections of DBACockpit Configuration. Scheduled in the Solution Manager (one extractor per database). One function module which connects to the database via the maintained ADBC connection to extract multiple DB specific metrics.
1-Database backup status
2-Database tablespace usage
The configuration for all metrics collected by Pull data providers is stored in the directory tables of the Solution Manager.
Necessary tools for analyzing problems with pull extractors:
- Alerting Framework. To start it, proceed as follows:
- Start transaction sm_workcenter and select tab Solution Manager Administration.
- Select Infrastructure - Framework - Alerting Framework.
- Managed Systems Configuration. To start it, proceed as follows:
- Start transaction solman_setup.
- Select Managed Systems Configuration, select the corresponding system, and choose Configure System.
- ID and name of the managed object
Checks for Pull Extractors
If there are gray metrics from one managed ABAP system, from a managed database or from the SAP Solution Manager system itself, you should check the data provider responsible for that object:
- Start Alerting Framework.
- Filter for the correct Extended Context Type.
- If you have grey metrics from a managed ABAP system, filter for ST_PI. There should be one extractor per managed ABAP system.
- If you have grey metrics SAP Solution Manager functions and indicators from the SAP Solution Manager system itself, filter for ST. There should be exactly one extractor.
- If you have grey metrics from any database, filter for DBMS. There should be one extractor per managed database.
- Choose the extractor for the affected managed object, and if the status of the extractor is not green, check the message in the Extractor Log shown in the lower frame, and generally proceed according to the message text.
- If one of the following errors occured, proceed as follows:
For Extended Context Type = ST_PI: If the message says Function Module <name>> not available in system <system ID>, then check whether the software component ST-PI in the managed ABAP system has the correct version. The correct versions are listed in SAP note 1483508.
- For Extended Context Type = ST_PI: If there is an issue with the RFC connection to the backend (e.g. the user of the RFC connection is locked, or there is an authorization missing), then check the configuration of the affected managed system in the Managed Systems Configuration in the SOLMAN_SETUP. In step Connect managed system the RFC destinations necessary are created, additionally, you can check existing connections by choosing Test.
- For Extended Context Type = ST_PI: If the message says PPMS Modelling is not valid. Check PPMS Keys im Extractor Log, reperat the configuration of the affected managed system in the Managed Systems Configuration in the transaction SOLMAN_SETUP.
- For Extended Context Type = ST_BW: If the message says Data is not available in BW (check data in RCA), then go to work center Root Cause Analysis, choose the affected managed system, and choose Workload Analysis. If no data is available for the system, reperat the configuration of the system in the Managed Systems Configuration in the SOLMAN_SETUP. If still not data is availabe for the system, check the Diagnostic Center for errors. It is located in the work center SAP Solution Manager Administation -> Infrastructure -> BI Reporting. Choose the reporting scenario System Reporting, and check the Self Checks.
- For Extended Context Type = DBMS: A possible cause for an error could be issues with the DBA Cockpit connection. For more information, check SAP note 1766109.