SAP Business Workflow
We need this set as a background job in Dev, QA systems. As when ever something is transported / Changed buffers do not get refreshed automatically causing AC team to panic. I think it should be set up in production as well, but it is your call. If not set we will have to manually execute SWU_OBUF transaction to refresh buffers.
Transaction SWU3 is used to configure the workflow environment. Allows you to execute customizing required to run workflows. The main section Maintain Runtime Environment sets up the required RFCdestinations, user IDs etc to run workflow and as such, is usually activated in any system that uses SAP Business Workflow.
- Transaction PFTC is used to define attributes of workflow tasks.
- Transaction SWE2 is used to activate event linkages.
- Transaction SWUD is used to diagnose workflow problems.
- Transaction OOCU shows an overview of task customising with agent assignments and event linkages. If you find entries are missing here, you can run program RS_APPL_REFRESH as described in SAP Note 322526 - Analysis for workflow problems.
R / 3 system consists of a set of application modules that support various business processes that are integrated with each other in real time.
One of the critical modules - SAP Workflow - the module responsible for the management of information flows.
SAP Workflow - this is the first module that started using business objects - such as purchase orders, records of suppliers or customers, invoices. After the business object is created in the system, it is handled in a workflow, for different stages of processing the responsibility of the various members of the organization. An example of such a workflow is to transfer the invoice for the product corresponding to the payment provider. Workflow consists of separate but related steps, each of which corresponds to a particular action, one-step or multi-step task. The SAP system provides a catalog of standard tasks, which may expand and adapt to the needs of the consumer.
It should be noted that SAP Workflow module does not substitute the SAP standard functionality, but works at a level that is located above the transaction SAP R / 3.
Workflow connects the integrated application modules with common technology for all applications, service means and tools. workflow management automates business processes in accordance with the procedures and rules that have been defined in advance. This module includes a multi-function office systems, having in its composition e-mail, document management system, universal classifier system and integration with CAD. When a specific event occurs, a corresponding process is started, and the workflow manager initiates the workflow unit (Workflow Item). Data and documents are combined and processed at each step according to a certain logic.
As already mentioned, SAP Business Workflow allows you to monitor business processes in SAP R / 3 and process them under the control of an automated workflow system. Like any other workflow management system, SAP Workflow can monitor and processing repetitive process with a complex structure which includes a sequence of actions by various artists and, accordingly, the coordination of such activities.
The described module helps to solve the problem, reduce the efficiency of the enterprise, often faced by office and administrative systems:
- The delay in the transmission of documents;
- Processing of incoming materials;
- Duplicates of overwriting information in different places;
- Repeated requests;
- Tracking of documents;
- Localization of documents in inappropriate places;
- Low speed of decision-making;
- Efforts to support the work assignment, passing through the various stages of business processes.
Workflow is responsible for the business processes within the company, as well as enable to establish cooperation and coordination of personnel in accordance with the needs of modern organizations. This module is used with the technology can be a tool of reengineering business processes throughout the enterprise.
The use of such systems has a number of advantages:
- Detailed tracking of business processes at different stages;
- Direct support of business processes;
- A quick and timely access to relevant information;
- Tracking of individual stages of the business process;
- Detection of small failures, the initiation of appropriate procedures and user notification;
- Shortening the transmission of documents between the performers or the functional units;
- A significant reduction in the waiting time of the document.
The module supports workflow and dramatically accelerates performance of various business processes that is necessary for each modern enterprise.