With a DVMS you are able to manage and reduce both future data growth and existing database size by analyzing your current system data structure. Please note in this example session we choose to use SAP proposed Objects for Input Options and Processing Mode. The amount of sections you have to go through will vary if different options are chosen.
Prerequisites Solution Manager:
Ensure the Solution Manager ST-PI & ST-A/PI add-ons are up-to-date using RTCCTOOL. Ensure that the Service Content is up-to-date using transaction AGS_UPDATE. It is recommended to have the add-on ST-SER at the latest support package level.
Prerequisites Managed system:
Ensure the ST-PI & ST-A/PI add-ons are up-to-date using RTCCTOOL.
DVM extractor activated in EWA configuration (SOLMAN_SETUP + KBA 2036442)
Steps to create a DVMS:
- Create the session by following the steps on the Wiki page corresponding to your Solution Manager version
- Once the session is created, it will pop-up automatically. Wait for the screen below to appear.
- Click on select system and choose the ID of the system you want to analyze.
- Click next and press execute in technical preparation (this step will take some time to process).
- Once the technical preparation completes, you will have to select the input option. This determines which tables/objects will have their data collected and analyzed.
- Afterwards, the processing mode has to be selected. This provides the options for analyzing tables/objects. SAPproposed Objects consists of five tables/objects selected by the data collector job.
- Once the analysis options are selected. An automatic job rating is provided to inform how the collection is projected. Since some analysis jobs can have a long runtime, all jobs with
-7 to +2 days respective to the date shown in ST14 Job Overview are displayed.
- After confirming the data collection, you can start the analysis in section 2.
- Once executed, the job will start and show a yellow rating.
- As soon as the job completes, the rating will become green. Confirm it is green before proceeding.
- Once green, you are given the option to review all of the collected data. You can then make any adjustments and collect data that is necessary.
- In the report section, you are able to generate a DVMS document, outputting all of the collected data in a predefined format.
- In the last step of the service session you can create and mark any issues, as well send an email notifying others of relevant issues in the system.
- After the sessions is complete, the documents can be found in the Services page of SAP Engagement and Service Delivery. Under the attachments section of the same Session Number.
1487247 - Guided Self Services: Data Volume Management - Prerequisites