This page explains how third-party subcontracting works in S/4HANA systems.
This should be an executive summary of the content and argument being made in the document. Basically a summary (not repeat) of the information you are explaining.
This test case is tested on S/4HANA 1610 system. Release of software component S4CORE is SAPK-10103INS4CORE.
In t-code OPP1 → Material Requirements Planning → Master Data → Define Special Procurement Type, define a special procurement type 20 as below:
<Master data settings>
- OMIZ : Create subcontracting MRP areas 0001-SUB for vendor 100982
- MM01:Create the following materials with settings listed
Special procurement type
MRP area assignment in MM02
Subcontracting assembly : NG_SUB_3party
Must create with BOM selection
Component : NG_SUB_3party_CMP
0001-SUB, special procurement type = 20
- CS01: Create BOM
plant : 0001
BOM usage : 1
component : NG_SUB_3party_CMP
quantity : 1
- ME11: create subcontracting info record for material NG_SUB_3party with auto sourcing.
<Test steps and results>
- Create a requirement for material NG_SUB_3party, eg. create a PIR in MD61.
- Run MRP by MD01N.
results of MD01N:
- Check the result of MD04 for assembly NG_SUB_3party. A subcontracting PR from vendor 100982 is created in plant 0001:
- Check the result of MD04 for subcontracting component NG_SUB_3party_CMP.
In MRP area 0001-SUB, a subcontracting requirement from vendor 100982 is created and a purchase requisition is created.
In plant 0001, there is nothing.
- Check the purchase requisition of component in ME53N. The field supplier is filled as 100982 and indicator "SC supp." is set.
- Convert the purchase requisition of component to a purchase order.
- Post goods recipt of the purchase order in MIGO.
- Stock is posted to vendor stock and is shown in MD04:
Subcontracting/Third-Party Order Processing
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
SAP Note 2516504 - Material not defined in (generic) Subcontracting MRP Area
SAP Note 1914010 - MD01N: Restrictions for Planning in MRP Live on HANA
SAP Note 2431708 - MRP Live: Special procurement key 45 taken even if not existing
SAP Note 2584422 - Special produrement key 45 taken even if not existing Part 2
SAP KBA 2586059 - Collective notes about Subcontracting MRP on S/4HANA systems