The instructions below are commonly worked through in the context of the Support Backbone Update Checklist for SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP09 “Execute Task List SAP_SUPPORT_HUB_CONFIG”.
A. If the system is upgraded from 7.2 lower than SP07(including SP07 without performing the relevant steps in KBA 2716729) and support hub connectivity is already well configured in solman_setup → System Preparation, you need to run the task list SAP_SUPPORT_HUB_CONFIG in STC01 again after upgrading system to 7.2 SP09 or higher.
B. If the system is a newly installed, or upgraded from lower version e.g. version 7.1 or 7.2 lower SP level (Support Hub Connectivity not yet configured), then you need to configure Support Hub Connectivity as below.
- solman_setup → System Preparation → Step Check Prerequisites → Manual Activities: Check “Post Installation” on ABAP, in which the steps about the task list SAP_SUPPORT_HUB_CONFIG should be done as step below.
- Run the STC01 transaction and enter the SAP_SUPPORT_HUB_CONFIG task list and execute.
- Now the runtime task list is shown as below and switch to Edit.
- Just click the icon to confirm your user skill for the first step.
- The second step will check your Kernel version and your kernel should meet the following requirement,
Kernel release 742 patch level 401 or higher.
Kernel release 745 patch level 400 or higher.
Any kernel release > 745.
if so, please execute this automatic step as below,
then the task status changes to green
Request technical communication user on SAP Support Portal according to Note 2174416 as described in help text. When you get the new created support hub user and activate it with the new password, please manually change the status for this task by clicking on the icon of the column status.
- Go to Transaction STRUST, download and import all required certificates as described in KBA 2631190. Below is only a sample to show how to import a certificate correctly.
- Go to transaction RZ11 and verify the profile parameter ssl/client_ciphersuites. we recommend a value of 150:PFS:HIGH::EC_P256:EC_HIGH (You don't need to set the long value 150:PFS:HIGH:MEDIUM:+e3DES::EC_P256:EC_HIGH in the help text in the tasklist). You can also use the value 918:PFS:HIGH::EC_P256:EC_HIGH for SAP Solution Manager, but this will not work with TLS protocol versions above 1.2.
After the setting of this parameter, restart the SAP Solution Manager system. For more information, such as how to deactivate or activate certain protocol versions and cipher suits, please look for SAP Note 510007 – setting up SSL on Application Server ABAP parameter.
- Please also make sure that the Parameter icm/HTTPS/client_sni_enabled = TRUE.
- Click on Fill Parameters icon for the task "Create Support Portal HTTP Destination (SM59)".
Provide the required parameters e.g. technical communication user and its password, or SAPRouter string if needed. Please don't use your normal S-user here and only technical communication user should be used for Support Hub Connectivity. If you don't have a technical communication user, please follow steps as mentioned in SAP Knowledge Base Article 2174416. Also, please notice the SAPRouter string should be in the format /H/<saprouter@customer>/S/3299/H/<saprouter@SAP>/S/3299/H/. Then save the change. The easy way to get this saprouter string is from the RFC SAPOSS in transaction SM59 if RFC SAPOSS works properly. Proxy information is needed only when your system really uses proxy for communication. The proxy setting in this step will only affect Support Hub Connectivity. Please also note that you don't need to provide Proxy information here again if you already enable Proxy globally in your system. You may go to transaction SM59 → Menu Extras → HTTP Proxy Configuration and verify if Proxy is enabled in your system globally.
- Now go back to the task list and click Execute so that the following automatic tasks can be executed.
- Perform the manual task Configure Inbound Destination for SOAP Runtime.
-- Log on to client 000.
-- Start transaction SRT_ADMIN.
-- Choose Automatic Setup and select the Perform Technical Setup radio button.
-- Press Execute.
- Activate ICF nodes for Asynchronous Calls.
-- Switch to the productive client and start transaction SRT_ADMIN.
-- Choose Manual Setup and select the Make Settings checkbox.
Manually change the task status for task "Activate ICF nodes for Asynchronous Calls".
- Enable Reliable Messaging (Exactly Once)
-- Start transaction WSIDPADMIN.
-- Use the default values and choose Schedule.
Then manually change the task status for task "Activate ICF nodes for Asynchronous Calls".
- Configure SOAP Runtime
-- Start transaction SRT_ADMIN.
-- Choose Perform Check on Technical Settings and then execute.
-- Choose Check specific client and enter the SAP Solution Manager local client (001 client is the productive client in the sample below). Do not change the other settings.
-- Execute the check.
- Click Execute icon for the automatic task 'Prepare Logical Port Configuration'.
- Then all tasks in the task list should be done.
- Run transaction solman_setup → System Preparation → Step Set Up Connections To SAP → Support Hub Connectivity. In case you get issue in this step, please follow the solution in KBA 2522789.