PurposeThis page contains information about system aliases and system alias mapping options.
System Alias Resolution
- In the browser-only case the system alias will always be resolved in the current system.
- In the NWBC case the alias will be resolved in that system at which the user is logged on. This holds also true if there is a navigation to a remote system and from there another subsequent navigation; the system alias will then NOT be resolved in the remote system. The NWBC case requires an appropriate SM59 entry.
- In the portal the system alias will always be resolved on the portal. The system alias must be defined in the system alias mapping of the portal.
- System Alias Mapping is needed by customers to set their own aliases without changing the launchpad delivered by SAP.
For example; SAP delivers a launchpad with system alias:
Customers can either setup connection SAP_DemoSystem or map this alias to their own alias:
- Icon for system alias mapping is only shown in customer system
- System alias mapping is launchpad specific (stored in table APB_LPDADD_XMLS)
- System alias mapping cannot be delivered by SAP
- System alias mapping can be transported between customer systems
- If no system aliases are used in a launchpad, no system alias mapping can be created