SAP BW/4HANA is SAP’s next generation data warehouse solution. It is a new product (not a legal successor of any existing SAP Business Warehouse solution), built entirely on one of the most advanced in-memory platforms today – SAP HANA. It provides a simple set of objects that is well suited for modelling an agile and flexible layered architecture of a modern data warehouse.
Converting the system to BW/4HANA is not a simple task.
For planning the conversion of your SAP BW system to SAP BW/4HANA have a look at 3061594 (SV-SCS-S4R)
From SAP BW perspective the following notes should be considered concerning the XML file and report "Z_SAP_BW_NOTE_ANALYZER"
- Without Custom Code Compatibility Check
- Please follow section Guided Installation of SAP Note 2575059 which explains how to use the SAP Note Analyzer tool with the XML file for SAP Readiness Check (attached to 2575059).
- With Custom Code Compatibility Check
- Please follow section 184.108.40.206 SAP BW Note Analyzer of SAP Note 2383530 which explains how to use the SAP Note Analyzer tool with the XML file for the Pre-Checks "SAP_BW4HANA_Pre_Checks_<Date>.xml" (attached to 2383530).
How to use Code-Scan-Tool is described in note 3119274 (report RS_B4HANA_LOG_DISPLAY)
SAP provides three paths for the conversion from SAP BW to SAP BW/4HANA:
- In-place Conversion (component BW-B4H-CNV-IPL)
- Remote Conversion (component BW-B4H-CNV-RMT or CA-LT-BW4)
- Shell Conversion ((component BW-B4H-CNV-SHL)
SAP Online Documentation
- Conversion Guide
https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_BW4HANA/1.0.11/en-US --> "The Road to SAP BW/4HANA"