Even if you close a file in CREO it is still loaded in memory, they can not be replaced by the interface.
Question or Problem
- User A has loaded assembly into session
- User B changes the assembly, sets a new status on SAP
- User A still has assembly "in session", opens the assembly again from ECTR "Open original
- ECTR writes the latest version (CAD file) in the working directory of User A and indicates the interface that a new version is available.
- User A still has his old file loaded in CAD memory "In Session". He continues working with an "out of date" file and can save this later.
- An replacement "In Session memory" cannot be performed due to limitations of the CREO interface.
Not considered specifics / limitations of a CAD system.
Workaround and Solutions
Be aware of this issue and use the "clear memory" feature in CREO.
Use ECTR 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 as soon they are available
Add this switch: