The document provides information on the customizing and configuration for the Retroactive Accrual Update functionality in Settlement Management.
The transactions can be used to update / recalculate the accruals for condition contracts for which the Accruals Update Required indicator is set. The accrual update indicator is activated when changes were made to the condition contract based on the Critical Changes Group. The Retroactive transactions will insert a Delta Accrual in the Settlement Calendar. If there were no such change, the message "No condition contracts for settlement selected" will be issued. The "Accruals Update Flag" will be only set once the
- The Delta Accrual functionality must be activated for the relevant condition contract type.
- Only Active Condition Contracts are selected, independent of the settlement lock.
- For each selected contracts, the last delta accruals settlement date with usage 'Retroactive Accruals Update' is used to run the delta accruals if needed.
- The program does not process the accrual update for a condition contract, when another delta accruals or final settlement run has already been performed after the date that the system as inserted into the settlement calendar when it detected a required accruals update.
- Before proceeding with the configuration check , please ensure Note 3087279 - Accruals update required flag cleared while saving contract is implemented based on your S4CORE/EAGLTRADE version.
- The Delta Accrual Active flag needs to be set for the relevant condition contract type.
Transaction WLFA --> Settlement Management --> Condition Contract Management --> Condition Contract Settlement --> Specify Settlement Settings for Condition Contract Types
2. Critical Changes Group
The Critical Changes Group is assigned for the condition contract types.
Transaction WLFA --> Settlement Management --> Condition Contract Management --> Condition Contract Maintenance --> Define Condition Contract Types
The changes which should be considered critical can be defined here:
Transaction WLFA --> Settlement Management --> Condition Contract Management --> Condition Contract Maintenance --> Define and Configure Critical Changes Groups
You can define which changes in the Condition Contract should result an update by setting the 'Accruals Update' flag.
It is possible to set Critical changes on Header, Item and Condition level.
Lets see for example 'Critical Condition Changes':
You can define whether Accrual update is required, if there is a condition record creation / change / deletion with specific condition types. As it is displayed on the screenshots, in case there is an update in a condition record with REA1 condition type (MM-sided), then an accrual update will be required.
The flag 'Accrual Update' indicates that the accruals for the condition contract need to be updated on a change of the business volume selection data.
In case any such field is changed in the condition contract , that is defined as critical change, the system will set the 'Accruals update required' flag in the transaction WCOCO Settlement data tab.
In case this flag is set, then the condition contract is relevant for a retroactive update and the WB2R_UAC (for customers) or WB2R_UAV (for suppliers) will propose it for delta accruals.