In BW it is possible to create reports with time-based variance information using the so called Current Member Variable feature.
Based on this technology, SAC allows to visually display time-based variance information directly in certain Chart types. Some more information including pre-requisites and restrictions to using this features can be found in the SAP Online Documention Time-Based Variances (Specifics for SAP BW).
Important points to start with:
- Currently the following time dimensions/characteristics are supported: 0CALDAY, 0CALMONTH, 0CALQUARTER, 0CALYEAR
(0CALWEEK, uncompounded time dimensions as well as 0FISC* dimensions are not supported)
- Only one time dimension is allowed to be used in the chart. No other different time dimensions must be used in the chart (axis, filter or other variances).
- A Virtual Time Hierarchy needs to be active on the time dimension that is to be used for BW Time-Based Variances.
- The hierarchy subsequently can be used to drill between the different time granularity levels
- E.g. hieraerchy 0YEA_QUA_MON_DAY can be used to drill from YEAR → Quarter → Month → Day.
- Virtual Time Hierarchies can be activated via transaction RSRHIERARCHYVIRT, see WIKI OT-OLAP-HIER:VirtualTimeHierarchies
- All time dimensions available in the selected Virtual Time Hierarchy need to be available on query design level (e.g available as free characteristics).
SAP Online Documention